|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Dates & Deadlines:||Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||Luther applicants only|
|Lang. of Instruction:||Spanish||Class Standing:||2-Sophomore, 3-Junior, 4-Senior|
|Housing:||Homestay||Program Type:||Off-Campus Study|
|Areas of Study:||Anthropology, Art, Art History, Communications, Culture, Film, History, International Relations, International Studies, Internships, Latin American Studies, Media Studies, Other Language & Literature, Political Science, Sociology, Spanish||Language GPA:||3.0|
Spanish Studies Program - Córdoba, Argentina
Córdoba, the university capital of Argentina, is popularly known as La Docta because of its rich academic tradition. This warm and inviting city offers you an ideal environment for cross-cultural immersion in Argentine society. With the Andes to the west, the Pampas to the north, and the wild beauty of Patagonia to the south, Córdoba is a crossroads for intellectual and terrestrial explorers alike.
Spanish Studies Program
The Spanish Studies program provides students the unique opportunity to take language and content courses designed for international students studying Spanish at Universidad Nacional de Córdoba, while benefiting from the cultural guidance, language tools, and academic quality that defines Spanish Studies Abroad. The program integrates thoughtful synthesis of homestays, study visits, language exchanges, volunteer, and other cultural opportunities into the curriculum, so that you may more fully integrate into the cordobés culture.
Learn the Language...
- All classes taught in Spanish by Argentine professors
- Courses designed for international students in a variety of disciplines
- Intercambios with native speakers
- Optional Independent Research Projects
Travel the Land...
- All-inclusive program-sponsored study trips
- Visits to locations such as San Luis, Mendoza or Entre Rios, other Argentine provinces, las estancias jesuíticas, Che Guevara museum, cultural sites, and more!
- Easy access to the many diverse regions of Argentina
Live the Life...
- Spanish Studies Abroad designed course to aid cultural adaptation
- Organized cultural activities with Argentine and international students
- Involvement in campus life through student clubs, organizations, and university events
- Further opportunities to become part of the community through service learning or an internship
- Homestays with local Argentine families
Students study onsite at Universidad Nacional de Córdoba (UNC). Founded by the Jesuits in 1613, UNC's history is closely intertwined with the city's. Located in the center of historic downtown, UNC is home to many of the city's unique and rich historical sites, architecture, and resources. Its prestige attracts students from all over Argentina and South America.
In this atmosphere of constant immersion, you will share daily activities with fellow Argentine and international students, whether attending classes or socializing. The goal of the Spanish Studies program is to guide you to live as a member of this community, while gaining a profound understanding of your surroundings. Courses designed for international students learning Spanish, classes with Argentine students, and access to abundant cultural resources, workshops, and activities allow you to more fully integrate into campus life at Universidad Nacional de Córdoba.
Program fees include tuition, room & board, meals, support of the onsite Spanish Studies Abroad Resident Director, pre-departure support, laundry, overnight and local study visits, cultural activities, orientation, health insurance, and a Spanish Studies Abroad transcript. Optional activities are also available through the university.
- Successful completion of one semester of intermediate college-level Spanish, heritage speaker, or the equivalent.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA in Spanish language coursework.
- Students must have a high school diploma in order to enroll in UNC.
Spanish Studies Abroad
446 Main Street
Amherst MA, 01002
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Calendar Year||2018-2019||31-DEC-2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.