|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||Luther applicants only|
|Lang. of Instruction:||Spanish||Minimum GPA:||3.0|
|Class Standing:||2-Sophomore, 3-Junior, 4-Senior||Housing:||Homestay|
|Program Type:||Off-Campus Study||Areas of Study:||Culture, Humanities, Latin American Studies, Spanish|
Summer Term - Córdoba, Argentina
Córdoba, the university capital of Argentina, is popularly known as La Docta because of its rich academic tradition. This warm and inviting city offers you an ideal environment for cross-cultural immersion in Argentine society. With the Andes to the west, the Chacos to the north, and the wild beauty of Patagonia and the Pampas to the south, Córdoba is a crossroads for intellectual and terrestrial explorers alike.
The Summer Term gives beginning to advanced Spanish-level students the opportunity to take a language or content course designed for international students studying Spanish at Universidad Nacional de Córdoba, while benefiting from the cultural guidance, language tools, and academic quality that defines Spanish Studies Abroad. The program integrates thoughtful synthesis of homestays, study visits, language exchanges, volunteer, and other cultural opportunities into the curriculum, so that you may more fully integrate into the cordobés culture.
Learn the Language...
- All classes taught in Spanish by Argentine professors
- Courses designed for international students
- Intercambios with native speakers
Travel the Land...
- All-inclusive program-sponsored study trips
- Visits to las estancias jesuíticas in Alta Gracia, local museums and other cultural sites
- Easy access to the many diverse regions of Argentina
Live the Life...
- Organized cultural activities with Argentine and international students
- Interaction with Argentine students at Universidad Nacional de Córdoba
- Homestays with local Argentine families
Spanish Studies students study onsite at Universidad Nacional de Córdoba (UNC). Founded by the Jesuits in 1613, UNC's history is closely intertwined with the city's. Located in the center of historic downtown, UNC is home to many of the city's unique and rich historical sites, architecture, and resources. Its prestige attracts students from all over Argentina and South America.
In this atmosphere of constant immersion, you will share daily activities with fellow Argentine and international students. The goal of the Summer program is to guide you to live as a member of this community, while gaining a profound understanding of your surroundings. Homestays and cultural guidance from our Resident Director enhance the immersion experience.
Spanish Studies Abroad program fees include tuition, room & board, meals, support of the onsite Resident Director, pre-departure support, laundry, day-trips and local study visits, cultural activities, orientation, health insurance, and a Spanish Studies transcript. Optional activities are also available through the university.
- Minimum 3.0 overall GPA.
- Content courses have additional language prerequisites.
- Students must have a high school diploma in order to enroll in UNC.
|Dates / Deadlines:|