|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Dates & Deadlines:||Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||Luther applicants only|
|Lang. of Instruction:||Spanish||Class Standing:||2-Sophomore, 3-Junior, 4-Senior|
|Housing:||Homestay||Program Type:||Off-Campus Study|
|Areas of Study:||Accounting, Anthropology, Arabic, Architecture, Art, Art History, Asian Studies, Astronomy, Biochemistry, Biology, Business, Business Design, Business Information Systems, Chemistry, Classical Studies, Communications, Computer Science, Creative Writing, Criminology, Culture, Dance, Dietetics & Nutrition, Earth Science, Ecology, Economics, Education, Engineering, English, Entrepreneurship, Environmental Studies, Film, Finance, French, Geography, German, Graphic Design, History, Human Resources Management, Humanities, Iberian Studies, Interdisciplinary Design, International Business, International Studies, Italian, Journalism, Latin American Studies, Law, Literature, Management, Marine Science, Marketing, Math/Statistics, Media Studies, Music, Peace & Conflict Studies, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science, Pre-Health, Psychology, Sciences, Social Policy & Administration, Sociology, Spanish, Theater/Drama, Urban Studies, Women's Studies||Language GPA:||3.0|
Integrated Studies Program - Alicante, Spain
Why choose Alicante?
Alicante, the jewel of the Costa Blanca, is a charming harbor city that is both tranquil in its coastal climate and vibrant with modern Spanish life. The culture, architecture, language, and people have all been shaped by the region's rich history of sea merchants and conquerors.
The Integrated Studies Program - Universidad de Alicante
The Integrated Studies Program gives students the unique opportunity to take classes alongside Spanish students at the Universidad de Alicante, while benefiting from the cultural guidance, language tools, and academic quality that defines Spanish Studies Abroad programming.
We blend a thoughtful synthesis of homestays, study visits, language exchanges, volunteering, and other cultural opportunities into the curriculum, so that you may more fully integrate with the alicantino culture.
LEARN THE LANGUAGE...
- The Intensive Language Period is designed to prepare you for life and studying on a foreign campus.
- Guided direct enrollment in a wide-array of courses offered through Universidad de Alicante
- Classes taught by Spanish professors
- Independent Research Projects option
- Intercambios (speaking partners) with native speakers.
TRAVEL THE LAND...
- All-inclusive program-sponsored study trips across the country
- Visits to locations such as Granada, Valencia, los castillos árabes of Alicante, Cathedral of San Nicolás, local museums, cultural sites, and more!
- Optional excursions to various other sites in Spain
LIVE THE LIFE...
- Courses designed to aid in cultural adaptation
- Organized cultural activities with Spanish and international students
- Citywide festivals, such as Moros y Cristianos, Hogueras de San Juan, and Carnaval
- Internships and volunteer opportunities
- Access to campus life through student clubs, organizations, and university events
- Homestays with local families
The goal of the Integrated Studies Program is to help you become a member of the community, while gaining a profound understanding of your surroundings. An initial intensive language & culture period prepares you for the challenges of studying in a foreign university and provides you with a base to help you navigate through your experience, after which you take courses alongside Spanish students from Universidad de Alicante's regular course offerings from a variety of departments.
Through the university, you also benefit from access to abundant cultural resources, workshops, and activities, all of which allow you to more fully integrate into campus life. Alongside homestays with local families and a Spanish Studies course in cultural engagement, students will find Spanish Studies Abroad in Alicante to be a highly immersive study abroad experience.
- Tuition, room & board, meals
- Support of Resident Director
- Pre-departure support
- Health Insurance
- Overnight and local study visits
- Cultural activities, orientation, health insurance, and a Spanish Studies Abroad transcript.
- Optional trips and activities are also available through the university!
- Successful completion of two semesters of advanced college-level Spanish, or the equivalent or heritage speaker
- Minimum 3.0 GPA in Spanish coursework
- Approval from Universidad de Alicante, based upon their online language assessment
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Fall||2022||01-MAR-2022 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.