|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Dates & Deadlines:||Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||Luther applicants only|
|Lang. of Instruction:||Spanish||Class Standing:||2-Sophomore, 3-Junior, 4-Senior|
|Housing:||Homestay||Program Type:||Off-Campus Study|
|Areas of Study:||Accounting, Anthropology, Architecture, Art, Art History, Astronomy, Biochemistry, Biology, Business, Chemistry, Communications, Computer Science, Creative Writing, Culture, Ecology, Economics, Education, Engineering, Environmental Studies, Film, French, Geography, German, History, Humanities, International Business, International Studies, Italian, Journalism, Latin, Latin American Studies, Law, Literature, Marketing, Math/Statistics, Media Studies, Molecular Biology, Music, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science, Pre-Health, Psychology, Religion/Theology, Sciences, Sociology, Spanish, Studio Art, Theater/Drama, Urban Studies, Women's Studies||Language GPA:||3.0|
Integrated Studies Program - Córdoba, Argentina
Why choose Córdoba?
Córdoba, the university capital of Argentina, is popularly known as La Docta because of its rich academic tradition. This warm and inviting city offers you an ideal environment for cross-cultural immersion in Argentine society. With the Andes to the west, the Chacos to the north, and the wild beauty of the Pampas and Patagonia to the south, Córdoba is a crossroads for intellectual and terrestrial explorers alike.
Integrated Studies Program at the Universidad Nacional de Córdoba
The Integrated Studies Program gives intermediate to advanced Spanish-level students the unique opportunity to take language and content courses designed for international students studying Spanish, and integrated courses with Argentine students at Universidad Nacional de Córdoba, all while benefiting from the cultural guidance, language tools, and academic quality that defines Spanish Studies Abroad. The program integrates thoughtful synthesis of homestays, study visits, language exchanges, volunteer, and other cultural opportunities into the curriculum, so that you may more fully integrate into the cordobés culture.
The goal of the Integrated Studies Program is to guide you to live as a member of this community, while gaining a profound understanding of your surroundings. In this atmosphere of constant immersion, you will share daily activities with fellow Argentine and international students, whether attending classes or socializing.
In this atmosphere of constant immersion, you will share daily activities with fellow Argentine and international students, whether attending classes or socializing. Courses designed for international students learning Spanish, classes with Argentine students, and access to abundant cultural resources, workshops, and activities allow you to more fully integrate into campus life at Universidad Nacional de Córdoba. UNC is located in the center of historic downtown, and home to many of the city's unique and rich historical sites, architecture, and resources. Its prestige attracts students from all over Argentina and South America.
Learn the Language...
- Programa de Español y Cultura Latinoamericana (PECLA): Students enroll in 2-3 classes designed for international students through UNC's PECLA program
- Guided direct enrollment at Universidad Nacional de Córdoba. Students enroll in 1-2 integrated courses with Argentine students at UNC.
- 17-22 credits per semester (includes intensive language and culture course)*
- All classes taught in Spanish by Argentine professors
- Classes held Monday to Friday
- Intercambios (speaking partners) with native speakers for each student
- Optional Independent Research Projects
- Prerequisite: the completion of two semesters of advanced college-level Spanish or the equivalent, or native/near-native speakers of Spanish
- 3.0 GPA in Spanish Language Coursework
Travel the Land...
- All-inclusive program-sponsored study trips
- Visits to locations in neighboring provinces, las estancias jesuíticas, Che Guevara Museum in Alta Gracia, cultural sites, and more!
- Easy access to the many diverse regions of Argentina
Live the Life...
- Spanish Studies-designed course to aid cultural adaptation
- Organized cultural activities with Argentine and international students
- Involvement in campus life through student clubs, organizations, and university events
- Further opportunities to become part of the community through service learning or an internship
- Homestays with local Argentine families
- Double occupancy room & full board
- Overnight & local study visits & cultural activities
- Health Insurance
- High-speed internet access
- Spanish Studies transcript
- Support of onsite staff
- Pre-departure support
- Optional activities are also available through the university
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Calendar Year||2021-2022||31-DEC-2021 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.