|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Dates & Deadlines:||Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||Luther applicants only|
|Lang. of Instruction:||English, Spanish||Class Standing:||2-Sophomore, 3-Junior, 4-Senior|
|Housing:||Homestay||Program Type:||Internship, Off-Campus Study|
|Areas of Study:||Culture, Education, Humanities, Iberian Studies, International Studies, Spanish||Language GPA:||3.0|
Summer Practicum in Education - Seville, Spain
Gain hands-on professional experience in teaching through the Spanish Study Abroad Practicum in Education in Seville, Spain. Seville, a beautiful and ancient city, is known for its winding Moorish streets, Renaissance gardens, grand architecture, and flamenco.
Students may participate in one or two Summer Terms focused on developing professional experience in education. During Summer Term 1, students enroll in a 4 credit course of their choice, including the options of enrolling in language courses, content courses taught in Spanish, and The Psychology of Learning a Second Language, which is taught in English and is recommended for participants in the Practicum.
During Summer Term 2, enrolled students work as Teacher's Assistants in the Playschool Program for Spanish children and use the practical experience to study language-acquisition theory, teaching methodology, and cultural perspectives on the field of education.
Learn the Language...
- Courses designed and taught by native professors
- Focus on language acquisition theory
- Over 40 years of experience in teaching language and culture
- Intercambios with native speakers
Travel the Land...
- All-inclusive program-sponsored study trips
- Visits to locations such as Córdoba, Ronda, La Rábida, and Columbian sites
- Study visits within Seville to local historical sites and attractions
- Optional excursions to various other sites in Spain, Morocco, and Portugal
Live the Life...
- Opportunity to gain professional experience in education
- Daily interaction with Spanish children
- On-site orientation and cultural guidance
- Social activities and fiestas with local students
- Organized cultural events
- Homestays with local families
...with Spanish Studies Abroad
The goal of the Summer Term is to guide you to live as a member of sevillano culture, while gaining a profound understanding of your surroundings. Courses designed for your academic needs and access to language exchanges, cultural resources, workshops, and activities allow you to more fully integrate into life in Seville.
Tuition waived during Summer Term 2. Program fees include tuition for Summer Term 1, room & board, meals, support of the onsite Spanish Studies Abroad staff, pre-departure support, laundry, day and local study visits, cultural activities, orientation, health insurance, computer access, and a Spanish Studies Abroad transcript. Optional trips and activities are also available through the program.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 in Spanish coursework
- Working knowledge of Spanish preferred
- Experience working with children, especially through teaching
- Skills in leadership, communication, organization and problem-solving
Contact: Start your online application today
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|