|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Dates & Deadlines:||Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||Luther applicants only|
|Lang. of Instruction:||Spanish||Minimum GPA:||3.0|
|Class Standing:||2-Sophomore, 3-Junior, 4-Senior||Housing:||Homestay|
|Program Type:||Off-Campus Study||Areas of Study:||Art History, Culture, History, Humanities, Iberian Studies, Spanish|
Summer Term - Alicante, Spain
Alicante, the jewel of the Costa Blanca, is a charming harbor city that is both tranquil in its coastal climate and vibrant with modern Spanish life. The culture, architecture, language, and people have all been shaped by the region's rich history of sea merchants and conquerors.
Spanish Studies Abroad Summer Terms in Alicante are specially designed for students entering absolute beginner to high-advanced Spanish levels who want a rich immersion experience on a Spanish campus. This intensive language program is enhanced by homestays, study visits, cultural activities, and optional complementary survey courses, all of which help to bring context to the language and enhance immersion.
Learn the Language...
- Guided direct enrollment in courses specifically-designed for international students learning Spanish
- Spanish-Only Policy
- Classes taught by Spanish professors
- Intercambios with native speakers
Travel the Land...
- All-inclusive program-sponsored study trips
- Visits to locations such as Granada, Valencia, los castillos árabes of Alicante, Cathedral of San Nicolás, local museums and cultural sites, and more!
- Optional excursions to various other sites in Spain
Live the Life...
- Organized cultural activities with Spanish and international students
- Citywide festivals, such as Moros y Cristianos, Hogueras de San Juan, and Carnaval
- Access to campus resources
- Homestays with local families
The goal of the Spanish Studies Abroad Summer Term is to guide you to live as a member of your host community, while gaining a profound understanding of your surroundings. Courses designed for international student learning Spanish and access to cultural resources, workshops, and activities allow you to more fully integrate into campus life at Universidad de Alicante (UA).
Through university coursework, homestays with native families, and multiple cross-cultural opportunities, students will find Spanish Studies Abroad in Alicante to be a highly immersive and integrated study abroad experience.
Spanish Studies Abroad program fees include tuition, room & board, meals, support of the onsite Resident Director, pre-departure support, laundry, day-trips, local study visits, cultural activities, orientation, health insurance, and a Spanish Studies transcript. Optional trips and activities are also available through the university.
Minimum 3.0 overall GPA. Enrollment in individual courses depends upon your placement score on University of Alicante's Online Placement Examination.
Start your online application today
Spanish Studies Abroad
446 Main Street
Amherst MA, 01002
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|