|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Dates & Deadlines:||Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||Luther applicants only|
|Lang. of Instruction:||Spanish||Class Standing:||2-Sophomore, 3-Junior, 4-Senior|
|Housing:||Homestay||Program Type:||Internship, Off-Campus Study|
|Areas of Study:||Accounting, Anthropology, Architecture, Art, Art History, Business, Business Design, Business Information Systems, Communications, Computer Science, Culinary Arts, Culture, Dance, Ecology, Economics, Education, Entrepreneurship, Environmental Studies, Fashion Design, Fashion Merchandising, Film, Finance, History, Hospitality Management, Human Resources Management, Humanities, Iberian Studies, International Business, International Studies, Journalism, Marketing, Math/Statistics, Media Studies, Minority Studies, Music, Peace & Conflict Studies, Political Science, Pre-Health, Psychology, Sciences, Spanish, Urban Studies||Language GPA:||3.0|
Semester & Summer Internship Programs
Gain professional experience, while improving your Spanish. Working at a business or organization in Spain or Argentina allows you access to the work culture and daily life of local citizens often hidden to students studying abroad, and to more fully integrate into the local culture.
Our program locations in Seville and Alicante, Spain and Córdoba, Argentina host a complex and diverse array of businesses and organizations through which students can develop unique professional experience abroad. Working culture in Spain and Argentina is inextricably connected to the traditions and history of each city and yet is constantly evolving in an increasingly globalized world.
When applying for an internship or service learning project, you have the benefit of specifying what you would like your internship to look like. Spanish Studies will strive to match you with the best available placement to help you integrate into sevillano work culture.
The curricula of the Internship programs are centered around your individual work experience. Complementary courses help you to work through the linguistic and cultural challenges you may run into while in the field.
Spanish Studies will work hard to match you with an appropriate placement to meet your interests. Students have completed placements in a variety of fields including legal offices, Greenpeace, television production, journalism, education, and more.
Some fields you may want to think of when applying:
- Animal Science/Horses
- Community Service
- Health Services
- International Business
- Information Technology/ Graphic Design
- Museums and Cultural Centers/Fine Art
- Physical Therapy
- Political Science
- Public Relations
- Social Work
Learn the Language...
- Practical Spanish language experience in a local internship placement
- Linguistic support through intensive language courses
- Optional semester course taught in Spanish by native professors
- Intercambios with native speakers
Travel the Land...
- All-inclusive program-sponsored study trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions arranged by Spanish Studies Abroad
- Ample time for independent travel
Live the Life...
- Guidance through work culture by internship supervisor
- Spanish Studies Abroad -designed course to aid cultural adaptation
- Regular meetings with the Resident Director to troubleshoot challenges encountered in the field
- Homestays with local families (housing in a student residence is also available in Seville)
...with the Spanish Studies Abroad
Gain professional experience, improve your Spanish, and integrate into the work culture of your host country. Spanish Studies Abroad works with you to place you in an internship that matches your interests and goals.
The curriculum allows you to maximize your experience by providing you with the language and cultural tools necessary for a productive internship. Aligned with the regular Spanish Studies Abroad semester program, you begin with an intensive language and culture course. During your internship you have regular contact with the Resident Director, a supplemental course in cultural reflection, and an option to enroll in a semester course.
Spanish Studies Abroad offers you the unique opportunity to undertake in an intensive 8-week internship, while benefiting from homestays and regularly scheduled cultural trips and activities offered by Spanish Studies Abroad. A one-credit language training course helps you to gain the linguistic tools necessary to integrate into Spanish work culture.
- Placement in an internship
- Room & board
- Support of the onsite Spanish Studies Abroad staff
- Pre-departure support
- Overnight and local study visits
- Cultural activities
- Health insurance
- A Spanish Studies Abroad transcript
- Optional trips and activities are also available.
- Ability to understand normal, rapid Spanish; two semesters of advanced college Spanish or the equivalent.
- 3.0 GPA in Spanish Language coursework. Exceptions may be made with strong recommendations from faculty.
Other Internship Opportunities:
Spanish Studies Abroad also offers Internship and Service Learning Course Options for qualified students alongside coursework in the regular semester programs in Spain, Argentina, and Puerto Rico. Visit https://www.spanishstudies.org/internship-course.html for more information.
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|