Programs > Brochure
IFSA- Intensive Chinese Language
Shanghai, China (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Dates & Deadlines:||Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||Luther applicants only|
|Lang. of Instruction:||Chinese, English||Minimum GPA:||3.0|
|Housing:||Homestay||Program Type:||Off-Campus Study|
|Areas of Study:||Asian Studies, Chinese, Culture, Sociology|
Study Abroad in CHINA with IFSA
About the Program
If you want to make rapid gains in Chinese language, this program is for you! Through 20 hours of instruction per week, a 24/7 language pledge, and your homestay with a Chinese family, your language skills will improve faster than ever before in this carefull designed immersive environment.
Shanghai has grown exponentially in the last hundred years—from a colonial trading port to a massive international metropolis with a population of 24 million. Known for its fast-paced industry and cosmopolitan vibe, the city is intricately connected with the global flows of commodities and people. It also represents the enormous environmental, economic, and social challenges that are mirrored across China and around the world. Want to become immersed in a globally-minded population? Shanghai is your city.
- Rapidly improve your Chinese language skills through a rigorous 15 credit course load dedicated solely to language acquisition.
- Build your practical language skills through volunteer opportunities, NGO visits, and a Chinese-only language pledge.
- Live with a host family to promote language immersion and gain an in-depth understanding of Chinese family dynamics and traditions.
- Take your language skills outside of the city and discover the many realities and language inflections that exist in China through a week-long field study trip.
IFSA scholarships are primarily need-based and factor in any additional cost your study abroad program might have over home school tuition. The awards are $500 for summer programs, $1,500 for semester programs and $2,500 for full year programs. These scholarships may apply to any IFSA program, with the exception of our custom programs.
- Visit our website for more information about our Intensive Chinese Language program in Shanghai, including previous course syllabi, housing arrangements, and co-curricular activities.
- Contact your Student Services Manager at 800-858-0229 or http://email@example.com
- Apply to an IFSA program now!
6201 Corporate Drive Suite 200
Indianapolis, IN 46278
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Fall||2019||01-MAR-2019 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.