Programs > Brochure
IFSA- Chilean Universities Program, Valparaiso
Valparaiso, Chile (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Dates & Deadlines:||Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||Luther applicants only|
|Lang. of Instruction:||Spanish||Minimum GPA:||2.5|
|Class Standing:||3-Junior, 4-Senior||Housing:||Homestay|
|Program Type:||Off-Campus Study||Areas of Study:||Anthropology, Art History, Biology, Business, Chemistry, Communications, Computer Science, Economics, Education, Environmental Studies, Film, Geography, History, Journalism, Latin American Studies, Literature, Marine Science, Math/Statistics, Music, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science, Psychology, Religion/Theology, Sociology, Spanish|
Study Abroad in CHILE
Chilean Universities Program, Valparaíso
About this Program
Situated between the mountains and the sea,Valparaíso's cobbled streets and Victorian houses provide a unique setting to examine the economic and psychological factors that create Latin American politics. The city is famous for its charm and picture-perfect views, not to mention the passionate and edgy art scene and politically active student body. An optional internship complements your studies.
Chile's second-largest city is located between mountains and the sea. Known for its romantic, time-worn elegance of cobbled streets and Victorian houses, students will also find many museums, galleries and performance venues as well as great seafood restaurants, entertainment and nightlife.
- Outstanding academics and unparalleled flexibility in course choice—you will choose courses from two outstanding universities: Pontificia Universidad Católica de Valparaíso and Universidad Santa María
- Gain valuable experience while participating in an internship; options may include:
- working with children and youth in community organizations
- performing arts groups
- working with the disabled
- conducting marketing and outreach
- working with the homeless
- engaging in environmental and science education
- Chile is named first among Lonely Planet's Best in Travel 2018 Top Countries
- Live like a local—take university classes integrated with degree-seeking Chilean students and live with a carefully selected Chilean host family
- You will be paired with a language partner for further conversational practice and you will have access to academic tutors throughout the semester
- Give back to the community through one of many volunteer opportunities
IFSA scholarships are primarily need-based and factor in any additional cost your study abroad program might have over home school tuition. The awards are $500 for summer programs, $1,500 for semester programs and $2,500 for full year programs. These scholarships may apply to any IFSA program, with the exception of our custom programs.
Take the Next Step!
- Visit our website for more information about the Chilean Universities, Valparaíso, including courses, housing arrangements, and co-curricular activities.
- Contact your Student Services Manager at 800-858-0229 or http://email@example.com
- Apply to an IFSA program now!
6201 Corporate Drive Suite 200
Indianapolis, IN 46278
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Calendar Year||2021-2022||31-DEC-2021 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.