|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||Luther applicants only|
|Lang. of Instruction:||English, Spanish||Minimum GPA:||3.0|
|Class Standing:||2-Sophomore||Housing:||Homestay, Residence Hall|
|Program Type:||Off-Campus Study||Areas of Study:||Accounting, Business, Culture, Economics, European Studies, Finance, History, Internships, Management, Marketing, Spanish|
Improve your Spanish language skills and boost your cultural knowledge while studying international business in the capital of Catalonia. Choose from courses in English at CIEE Barcelona and CIEE’s partner schools, Escola Superior de Comerc Internacional (ESCI) or Universitat de Vic (UVic), while immersing yourself in Barcelona’s culture, history, and community. CIEE Barcelona is located in downtown Barcelona, near the city’s main square. Both ESCI and UVic are just 15 minutes from CIEE. All courses are complemented with CIEE co-curricular activities and excursions beyond the city to enhance classroom learning and provide intercultural understanding.
the region of Catalonia and surrounding provinces with exciting day and overnight trips.
with a Spanish family and immerse yourself in local culture.
TAKE FIELD TRIPS
to monuments and guided tours of the city.
Excursions & Activities
- Get to know Spanish students with conversation exchanges.
- See Barcelona from new heights with a hike and excursion to Collserola.
- See for yourself why landmarks like Museu Picasso and Gaudi’s artworks engender awe from visitors around the world.
- Explore beyond Barcelona, with highlights that could include Roman ruins in the coastal city Tarragona, the medieval town of Girona, the Dalí museum in Figueres, among others.
Students can complement their studies with internships in English or Spanish. You might help a company like Narusport marketing their international projects; work with Team-on investments options; or help a start-up like Cowork Rambla Cataluña. Internships include weekly class sessions to support the experience with academic grounding.
- Get to know the people of the city and their language as you give back. Here are some of the ways you might serve:
- Help children with homework after school
- Help kids with special needs during school breaks or basketball practice
- Collect food for people in need
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Two-day orientation – an introduction to Spanish culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Cultural and/or Co-curricular Activities
- Excursions and/or Study Tours
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|