|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||Luther applicants only|
|Lang. of Instruction:||Spanish||Minimum GPA:||3.0|
|Class Standing:||3-Junior||Housing:||Homestay, Residence Hall|
|Program Type:||Off-Campus Study||Areas of Study:||Culture, History, International Relations, Internships, Law, Literature, Philosophy, Political Science, Sociology, Spanish|
Take your advanced Spanish language skills to the next level in the vibrant Catalan capital of Barcelona. Immerse yourself in university life by taking classes in Spanish at CIEE’s partner school, Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF), across academic areas including history, politics, literature and culture. You’ll quickly advance your language skills while building a broad understanding of Spain’s history and culture. You can even gain real-world work experience with an internship at a Spanish company. All courses are complemented with CIEE co-curricular activities and excursions beyond the city to enhance classroom learning and provide intercultural understanding.
GAIN FLUENCY FAST WITH YOUR COMMUNITY COMMITMENT
to speaking Spanish at all times -chatting with Spanish peers in language exchanges, hanging out with your host family, working on a group project with classmates, and exploring city sights.
LIVE LIKE A NATIVE BARCELONAN
in a cosmopolitan university city that's rooted in ancient tradition and committed to the future.
GET WORK EXPERIENCE
and a behind-the-scenes look at a publishing, marketing, business, school, or NGO with an internship.
Excursions & Activities
- Get to know Spanish students with conversation exchanges.
- See Barcelona from new heights with a hike and excursion to Collserola.
- See for yourself why landmarks like Museu Picasso and Gaudi’s artworks engender awe from visitors around the world.
- Explore beyond Barcelona, with highlights that could include Roman ruins in the coastal city Tarragona, the medieval town of Girona, the Dalí museum in Figueres, among others.
Internships provide students with practical, real-world work experience at NGOs, schools, publishing companies, marketing agencies, businesses, and more. Internships include weekly classroom components that enrich the experience.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Three-day orientation – an introduction to Spanish culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Cultural and/or Co-curricular Activities
- Excursions and/or Study Tours
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|