|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||Luther applicants only|
|Lang. of Instruction:||Spanish||Minimum GPA:||2.5|
|Program Type:||Off-Campus Study||Areas of Study:||Culture, Developmental Sciences, Environmental Studies, Health Science, Humanities, International Relations, International Studies, Latin American Studies, Linguistics, Public Health, Religion/Theology, Spanish, Urban Studies|
If you're eager to learn more about the challenges of public health in Latin America and have a flair for Spanish language, Buenos Aires is the place for you next summer. Whether you're chosen field is biology, medicine, nursing, education, or political science, you'll gain international perspective and experience, and come home with noticeably stronger Spanish skills.
LEARN FROM LATIN AMERICAN PUBLIC HEALTH EXPERTS
and university researchers, with specially designed interdisciplinary courses.
GET IMMERSED IN LOCAL PUBLIC HEALTH
and additional perspective with field work beyond Buenos Aires or in Uruguay.
BENEFIT FROM A UNIQUE, COLLABORATIVE APPROACH
that brings public health specialists and Spanish language instructors together to prepare for and teach classes.
Excursions & Activities
- See how Argentines live in rural areas with day or overnight excursions.
- Unwind Buenos Aires style at a festival or soccer game.
- Experience culture in motion with dance and theater performances.
Volunteering. Share your time, and see another slice of Argentine life up close as you help promote social policy, human rights, community building, and health.
- Most meals
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Orientation – an introduction to Argentine culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|