|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Dates & Deadlines:||Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||Luther applicants only|
|Lang. of Instruction:||Spanish||Minimum GPA:||3.0|
|Class Standing:||3-Junior||Housing:||Apartments, Homestay|
|Program Type:||Off-Campus Study||Areas of Study:||Accounting, Communications, Computer Science, European Studies, Film, History, Humanities, Internships, Journalism, Law, Literature, Management, Media Studies, Political Science, Sociology, Spanish|
Come to Madrid and take your advanced Spanish language skills to the next level in one of the world’s most energetic, artistic, and cosmopolitan cities. Ideal for students majoring in humanities, social sciences, journalism, psychology, linguistics, or communications and/or those who want to gain real-world work experience with an internship at a Spanish company. Students take classes at CIEE’s prestigious partner school, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid (UC3M) and at the CIEE Global Institute - Madrid and agree to speak only Spanish to facilitate language and cultural immersion. All courses are complemented with CIEE co-curricular activities and excursions beyond the city to enhance classroom learning and provide intercultural understanding.
PERFECT YOUR SPOKEN SPANISH
with conversation exchanges and organized activities with the Spanish Student Network.
ADD RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
to your resume with an internship that aligns with your major.
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF A HOST OF OPPORTUNITIES
for maximum immersion, from tutoring to personal workshops, to campus activities.
Excursions & Activities
- Get to know Spanish students with conversation exchanges or the host university Spanish buddy program.
- Explore beyond Madrid with day trips to Toledo, the Monastery of El Escorial, or the UNESCO World Heritage sites such as Toledo and Alcalá de Henares.
- Soak up Spanish culture with museum visits, dance classes, urban art and graffiti tours, and neighborhood visits in Lavapiés, Malasaña or La Latina.
- Savor down-time with Spanish students while you rock climb, play basketball, hike, kayak, swim, or catch a theater, dance, or music performance.
Volunteering. We're ready to help you help kids, teens, and disabled people in Madrid, through schools, associations, and outreach programs.
Peer-to-peer language support. Practice your Spanish skills and make a new friend with our language exchange program.
Internships. Earn credit and beef up your resume with international experience in publishing, medical care, or supporting an NGO – there are plenty of options.
Personal workshops. Learn about issues like culture shock, LGBTQ life in Madrid, cooking, stress management, job interview skills, and more.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- One-week orientation – an introduction to Spanish culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Cultural and/or Co-curricular Activities
- Excursions and/or Study Tours
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Fall||2022||01-MAR-2022 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.