|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||Luther applicants only|
|Lang. of Instruction:||English||Minimum GPA:||2.5|
|Program Type:||Off-Campus Study||Areas of Study:||Architecture, Art, Art History, Communications, Culture, Czech Language & Literature, European Studies, Film, History, Jewish Studies, Politics, Psychology, Sociology, Urban Design|
Soak up magnificent art and architecture from every period while you learn introductory Czech language, as well as the history and culture of this beautiful city. Eye-opening cultural activities and guided tours add color and context to coursework, making your summer trip to Prague one you’ll treasure forever.
GET A NEW PERSPECTIVE
on Central European issues with one, two, or three four-week sessions.
LIVE IN PRAGUE
like a Czech student, with a Czech flat buddy to show you around and explain local customs.
HEAD TO CLASS
amidst a fairy-tale castle and hundreds of church spires.
Excursions & Activities
- Explore more of the region with two excursions – one day trip and one overnight trip. Destinations change annually, and have included
- Terezín, former Jewish ghetto and Nazi labor camp.
- Sychrov, home of a beautiful neo-Gothic castle and famous gothic fortress built in Roman times.
- Litomerice, where the Ploskovice castle and historical structures date back to the 13th century.
- Karlovy Vary, a noted spa town.
- Plzen, home of Europe’s second largest synagogue, the Victims of Evil monument, and the George Patton Museum.
- Get an insider’s view of Prague with the help of your Flat Buddy, a Charles University student who will teach you cultural norms and introduce you to Czech culture.
- Make your visit official by traversing the Charles Bridge, constructed to cross the Vltava River in 1357.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Orientation – an introduction to Czech culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|