|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Dates & Deadlines:||Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||Luther applicants only|
|Lang. of Instruction:||French||Minimum GPA:||2.5|
|Program Type:||Off-Campus Study||Areas of Study:||Art, Art History, Culture, Film, French, History, Internships, Music, Political Science, Religion/Theology, Sociology, Urban Studies|
Combine your intermediate to advanced French language skills with the medieval flavor, idyllic setting, and rich culture of the capital of Brittany. Dive into university life with a combination of language and content courses taught in French at CIEE Rennes and our partner school, Université Rennes II. The Centre International Rennais d’Etude du Francais pour Etrangers (CIREFE) at Université Rennes II specializes in teaching French language and content courses to international students. Students can also earn credits teaching English as a foreign language in Rennes’ primary, middle, or high schools. All courses are complemented with CIEE co-curricular activities and excursions beyond the city to enhance classroom learning and provide intercultural understanding.
during a three-day orientation before you set out for Rennes.
IMMERSE YOURSELF IN FRENCH LIFE
by enrolling in a French university and living with a host family.
GET TO KNOW YOUNG FRENCH STUDENTS
as you earn credit and experience teaching at a Rennes school.
Excursions & Activities
- Tour of Mont Saint Michel, a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Day trip to the southwestern coast of Brittany to visit some of the most the picturesque communes in the region (fall)
- Exploration of Saint Malo, Brittany’s privateers’ haven and beautiful walled city
- Tour of historic castles of the Loire Valley including Amboise - where Leonardo da Vinci is buried (spring)
Teach English for Credit
Intern teaching English at a local primary, middle, or high school. Get rich experience, learn more about the French educational system, and immerse yourself in the community while earning teaching English as a foreign language (TEFL) credit. Interested students must enroll in one methodology course conducted in French. Students are responsible for preparing a one-hour lesson in English per week. The final grade is based on lesson plans, homework assignments, and class observations. The resident director or teaching practicum instructor oversees the experience and evaluates the students’ performance. Note: Internship positions are limited.
- Most meals
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- A three-day orientation in Paris to introduction you to French culture, your academic program, practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Cultural and/or Co-curricular Activities
- Excursions and/or Study Tours
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Fall||2022||01-MAR-2022 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.