|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Dates & Deadlines:||Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||Luther applicants only|
|Lang. of Instruction:||Spanish||Minimum GPA:||2.5|
|Program Type:||Off-Campus Study||Areas of Study:||Acting/Performance Art, Agriculture, Anthropology, Archaeology, Architectural History, Architecture, Art, Art History, Biology, Business, Chemistry, Communications, Computer Science, Culture, Design, Developmental Sciences, Economics, Education, Engineering, Environmental Studies, Geography, Health Science, History, International Relations, Journalism, Latin American Studies, Law, Liberal Arts, Linguistics, Literature, Math/Statistics, Media Studies, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science, Politics, Psychology, Public Health, Religion/Theology, Sciences, Sociology, Spanish, Theater/Drama, Urban Design, Urban Studies|
Develop your strong Spanish language skills in the capital of Chile by taking courses in Spanish alongside Chilean students at our partner schools, Universidad de Chile, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile (PUC), and Universidad Diego Portales - School for Social Sciences, as well as at the CIEE in Santiago. You'll quickly advance your language skills while building a broad understanding of Chilean history and culture. You can even gain real-world work experience with an internship at a Chilean company. All courses are complemented with CIEE co-curricular activities and excursions beyond the city to enhance classroom learning and provide intercultural understanding.
Study abroad in Santiago and you will:
- Improve your Spanish language proficiency
- Learn about Chile through field trips and excursions
- Immerse yourself in Chilean academic and social life through homestays, cultural and co-curricular activities, as well as CIEE community engagement opportunities
Related program eligibility language requirement: 4 semesters of Spanish language study (or equivalent). Students are able to enroll in business classes offered at Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile (PUC Chile), Universidad de Chile, Facultad Economía y Negocios (UC FEN), or CIEE in Spanish. CIEE-administered classes are not reported on the PUC Chile nor UC FEN transcripts.
TAKE YOUR PICK
of classes taught in Spanish at any of our partner universities: Universidad de Chile, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, and Universidad Diego Portales.
LIVE WITH A LOCAL FAMILY
and take part in the Chilean lifestyle, discuss issues that come up in class, and of course, practice your Spanish!
GET TO KNOW CHILE
with a homestay and activities, such as film nights, urban bike tours with Santiago student ambassadors, and hikes in the foothills of the Andes mountains.
Excursions & Activities
Each program has frequent cultural excursions and a multi-day study tour uniquely designed to complement the program's academics and enhance cultural immersion. In Santiago de chile, students might:
- Undertake a multi-day excursion to places like Araucania region, Atacama region or Chiloe island to broaden your perspective on Chile's history and culture.
- Explore Chile's geography, natural richness and history through day-trips to neighboring towns/cities such as Curacavi, Isla Negra, Algarrobo, Los Andes, Viña del Mar, Valparaiso or Pomaire.
- Explore history and the arts of Chile with varied cultural activities including visits to museums, craft fairs, theater districts, walking tours in the varied and historic neighborhoods in the city recognized as landmarks of the city of Santiago
- Attend a Chilean folklore workshop led by local dancers to learn about theMIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Fall||2022||01-MAR-2022 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.