|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Dates & Deadlines:||Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||Luther applicants only|
|Lang. of Instruction:||English||Minimum GPA:||2.5|
|Class Standing:||2-Sophomore, 3-Junior, 4-Senior||Housing:||Homestay, Residence Hall|
|Program Type:||Off-Campus Study||Areas of Study:||Art, Asian Studies, Biology, Business, Central Asian Studies, Communications, Computer Science, Culture, Economics, Engineering, History, Humanities, International Business, International Relations, International Studies, Korean, Linguistics, Literature, Math/Statistics, Molecular Biology, Other Language & Literature, Philosophy, Political Science, Religion/Theology, Sciences, Urban Studies|
CIEE’s Arts and Sciences program is designed for students to learn at a top-ranked Korean university and experience everyday life in Seoul – a World Design Capital and the center of popular culture featuring the fastest internet in the world. Select from courses taught in either English or Korean at our partner school, Yonsei University, as well as CIEE Seoul across a wide array of subjects, including Korean language, architecture, engineering, computer science, business, international relations, and history.
You can also make strides in your language learning by volunteering in the community or practicing with Korean language buddies from the university. All courses are complemented with CIEE co-curricular activities and excursions beyond the city to enhance classroom learning and provide intercultural understanding.
AACSB and EQUIS Accreditation
Business classes are offered in English at Yonsei University, School of Business (Yonsei). The CIEE-administered class, “Intercultural Communications and Leadership”, is not included on the Yonsei transcript.
SELECT FROM 1000
ourses in English across many disciplines including STEM; opt to boost language skills and take Korean taught at all levels
EXPERIENCE KOREAN LIFE
and spend a weekend with a local family or even the entire semester in a homestay
MAKE INSTANT KOREAN FRIENDS
with the CIEE Seoul Mates program
Excursions & Activities
- Discover the meaning of lions in Buddhism at Hwaomsa Temple, explore tea fields at Mt. Jirisan, watch a mask-dance drama unfold at Hahoe Village in Andong, harvest salt on a remote island, or see more of South Korea with similar excursions.
- Visit ancient temples, museums, and historic sites.
- See the notorious Korean Demilitarized Zone.
- Relish the natural beauty of a national park.
- Get a taste of family life with a short homestay of one or two nights.
- Take advantage of our Cultural Reimbursement program, designed to support you while you see movies, traditional performances, and visit museums and heritage sites.
- Volunteer. Show appreciation while you connect with members of local communities. Teach English to refugees or seniors, help with activities for students with disabilities, care for orphaned infants, and more
- Connect with local Korean students through our Seoul Mates program. Get to know the city, language, culture, and customs with the help of students trained by CIEE to help with orientation, organize social events, host workshops, and more.
- University clubs. Join one of the many clubs and service groups open to international students. Options include music, dance, art, photography, martial arts, hiking, sports, service groups, and many more.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Two-week orientation – an introduction to Korean culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Cultural and/or Co-curricular Activities
- Excursions and/or Study Tours
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Calendar Year||2021-2022||31-DEC-2021 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.