|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Dates & Deadlines:||Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||Luther applicants only|
|Lang. of Instruction:||English, Spanish||Minimum GPA:||2.5|
|Program Type:||Off-Campus Study||Areas of Study:||Agriculture, Developmental Sciences, Earth Science, Ecology, Environmental Studies, Forestry, Geography, Humanities, Internships, Linguistics, Sciences, Service Learning, Spanish|
Watch your Spanish skills bloom in Monteverde as you dig into today’s pressing environmental issues. Take four required content courses focused on environmental studies and sustainability, as well as a Spanish language course at your placement level at CIEE Monteverde. Learn in the classroom and field, and travel within Costa Rica to places that most visitors never see. You’ll be rewarded with unique and life-changing experiences, new knowledge and skills, and inspiration to carry the sustainability movement forward. All courses are complemented with CIEE co-curricular activities and excursions beyond Monteverde to enhance classroom learning and provide intercultural understanding.
EXPLORE ALTERNATIVE ENERGIES
and learn about how they impact communities and biodiversity
INTERN WITH A LOCAL LEADER
and apply the principles of conservation and sustainability to real-life situations
Excursions & Activities
- Visit remote communities and protected areas within Costa Rica.
- Meet local people and business owners to get a firsthand look at a range of environmental protection projects.
- Discover local foods, legends, and customs as you visit unique villages.
- Be mentored by a resident expert and help solve a local sustainability challenge.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- On-site airport meet-and-greet
- Two-day orientation in Alajuela introduces students to Spanish culture, the academic program, and surroundings, plus practical information about living in Costa Rica
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host country
- Cultural and/or Co-curricular Activities
- Excursions and/or Study Tours
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Fall||2022||01-MAR-2022 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.