|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||Luther applicants only|
|Lang. of Instruction:||Arabic||Minimum GPA:||2.5|
|Class Standing:||2-Sophomore||Housing:||Apartments, Homestay|
|Program Type:||Off-Campus Study||Areas of Study:||Anthropology, Arabic, Culture, Humanities, International Studies, Linguistics, Middle Eastern Studies, Other Language & Literature, Urban Studies|
Put your learning of Arabic on fast-forward in the heart of Amman's traditional Eastern district. In a city where spectacular Roman ruins share the landscape with Westernized districts dotted with cafes and galleries, you'll build on coursework by conversing in homes, workplaces, and among new friends, increasing your understanding of Jordanian society day by day. From the maze-like downtown to the many exotic souks, minarets, mosques, and coffeehouses, you'll get a complete Middle Eastern experience in this unforgettable summer.
TRAVEL TO PETRA
and Wadi Rum, world-famous archaeological and cultural treasures.
STEP BACK CENTURIES
with a visit to awesome sites like the Roman Theatre.
LEARN TO PREPARE
tasty Middle Eastern dishes like 'Magloubeh' and other local specialties.
Excursions & Activities
- Deepen your understanding of Jordanian cultural with visits to museums, archeological treasures, and cultural sites.
- Explore beyond the city with a one-day trips to noted historical sites, such as Madaba, famous for its Byzantine-era churches.
- Travel overnight to Petra – an ancient city elaborately carved from stony cliffs – and Wadi Rum, where ancient inscriptions are tucked among spectacular arid arches, cliffs, caverns, and gorges.
- Learn and unwind with films, concerts, conferences, and many more local activities.
- As you gain proficiency in Arabic, you'll be encouraged to practice in everyday settings – getting coffee, visiting a market, meeting locals.
- Converse with Peer Language Assistants, Jordanian students eager to help you practice your skills.
- Opt to live with a host family for additional opportunities to build your confidence.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- One-week orientation – an introduction to Jordanian culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|