|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||Luther applicants only|
|Lang. of Instruction:||English||Minimum GPA:||2.5|
|Class Standing:||2-Sophomore||Housing:||Homestay, Hostel|
|Program Type:||Off-Campus Study||Areas of Study:||Acting/Performance Art, African Studies, Anthropology, Culture, Dance, Developmental Sciences, Gender Studies, History, Humanities, Linguistics, Music, Other Language & Literature, Political Science, Sociology, Women's Studies|
Whether you have an interest in studying economic challenges or discovering a distinctive culture, your summer in Ghana is sure to inspire new perspectives. This stable, democratic country has a vibrant heritage and a fascinating history of politics and social change. As you connect with West Africans, you'll get a unique window into life on the other side of the world.
TAKE INNOVATIVE CLASSES
that explore various aspects of life in Ghana, taught by faculty from the country's premier university.
EXPLORE BEYOND LEGON
with field trips and excursions around this beautiful region.
with good-natured West Africans as you help out at orphanages, schools, and NGOs.
Excursions & Activities
Travel to Cape Coast and Elmina to see slave castles and the starting point of the transatlantic journey.
Visit the Ashanti region to explore the traditional chieftaincy institution, history, and culture.
Discover regional highlights like Aburi Botanical Gardens and Tafi-Atome monkey sanctuary.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Two-day orientation – an introduction to Ghanaian culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|