|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Dates & Deadlines:||Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||Luther applicants only|
|Lang. of Instruction:||Spanish||Minimum GPA:||2.5|
|Class Standing:||3-Junior||Housing:||Homestay, Residence Hall|
|Program Type:||Off-Campus Study||Areas of Study:||Communications, Culture, Film, History, Journalism, Literature, Media Studies, Photography, Spanish, Urban Studies|
Bring your advanced Spanish language skills to the wonderful city of Seville and increase your knowledge of video or magazine reporting. Communication students choose courses in Spanish at CIEE’s partner schools, Universidad de Sevilla, Universidad Pablo de Olavide (UPO), and EUSA School of Communications, as well as at CIEE Seville. Coursework includes an intensive language course, Digital Video Reporting or Magazine Reporting, and a wide selection of liberal arts and electives. All courses are complemented with CIEE co-curricular activities and excursions beyond the city to enhance classroom learning and provide intercultural understanding.
EXPLORE YOUR HOST COMMUNITY
with a greater sense of purpose by using the power of media.
PUT YOUR IDEAS AND TALENTS
together with other American and Spanish students to tackle a variety of media projects.
how digital tools and media – and easy access to them – could change the information market.
Excursions & Activities
- Join in flamenco lessons, take a bike tour, participate in language exchanges with Spanish university students, practice new sports in the Guadalquivir river, and more, with new local friends. New activities are offered all the time throughout the semester.
- Go behind the media scenes at independent radio stations, Radio Nacional de España, or Seville's longest running newspaper
- Get new ideas at urban photography workshops, independent film festivals, international art and new media events, or rooftops concerts
- Get an insider’s view of iconic places like Parque de María Luisa, Plaza de España, Catedral de Sevilla, Archivo de Indias, Hospital de los Venerables Sacerdotes, and many more amazing locations spread all around the city.
- Participate in excursions to other Spanish cities in the region of Andalucía. In the past, students have travelled to cities such as Córdoba, Cádiz, Malaga, Jerez, etc.
- Explore and step back centuries in time with a tour of Roman ruins in Italica or the medieval city of Carmona
- Publish: learn how to write, design, and publish articles for the web and más+menos magazine; produce video documentaries while meeting the citizens of Seville; or create original photo projects in your new
- Volunteer: become an English cultural and language assistant for children or teenagers at a local school;’ connect with the people of Seville by helping at one of the many local organizations that support citizens in need of social assistance; or join Historias de Luz, a project that gives voice to people in need through different media platforms
- Practice your Spanish language lessons with Spanish students through a conversion exchange program
- Team up with a Spanish student on the Tandem Project – you help with English, he or she helps with Spanish, monitored by a university professor
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- One-week orientation – an introduction to Spanish culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Cultural and/or Co-curricular Activities
- Excursions and/or Study Tours
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Fall||2022||01-MAR-2022 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.