Programs > Brochure
CISabroad Semester on the South Island, New Zealand
Dunedin, New Zealand (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Dates & Deadlines:||Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||Luther applicants only|
|Lang. of Instruction:||English||Minimum GPA:||3.0|
|Housing:||Apartments||Program Type:||Off-Campus Study|
|Areas of Study:||Anthropology, Architectural History, Architecture, Art History, Biochemistry, Biology, Botany, Business, Chemistry, Computer Science, Dance, Economics, Education, English, Environmental Studies, Film, Geography, History, International Studies, Marine Science, Math/Statistics, Music, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Religion/Theology, Sociology, Theater/Drama, Zoology|
When you study abroad in New Zealand on our Semester on the South Island, New Zealand program, you'll be a student at New Zealand’s oldest university, the University of Otago. Become part of a distinguished educational experience in a vibrant, cosmopolitan city. You will enjoy dynamic faculty members and unique courses in the cultural capital of New Zealand’s South Island.
Here are some things to expect while on this unique program:
- Incredible topography – Beautiful sand beaches, bush-clad hills, and tidal inlets are close to your apartment.
- Live in the heart of Lord of the Rings country – Dunedin is an adventurer's paradise where opportunities abound for hiking, skiing, water sports, bungee jumping, and admiring the spectacular landscapes. Dunedin’s coastal location and climate are ideal for a wide range of sports and other recreational activities.
- Top-notch academics – The University of Otago is highly regarded for the quality of research produced by its students. Internationally recognized for advancements in higher education, the university boasts strong liberal arts, law, and science programs.
Dunedin is located towards the southern tip of the South Island of New Zealand and is the principal city of the province of Otago. With a population of 120,000, Dunedin offers students the best of both worlds in terms of city life. It has all the facilities, entertainment, and variety of larger cities but is small enough to be friendly, intimate, and uncrowded. Fun fact: Dunedin is home to Baldwin Street, which, according to the Guinness Book of World Records, is the steepest street in the world.
There are many reasons to study on our Semester on the South Island program, but here are a few of the key highlights that make this program unique.
• Add on the CISabroad January in New Zealand course and get an additional 4 credits & begin your Semester on the South Island one month earlier!
• Study in the heart of the Lord of the Rings country - how cool!
• Volunteer and Service-Learning opportunities
• AACSB accredited Business School
• Large, diverse student body with thousands of international students
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|