Programs > Brochure
CISabroad Intern in Hawaii
Honolulu (Hawaii), United States (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Dates & Deadlines:||Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||Luther applicants only|
|Lang. of Instruction:||English||Minimum GPA:||2.5|
|Areas of Study:||Business, Communication Design, Communications, Internships, Marine Science, Marketing, Mass Communications, Public Relations, Social Work|
Intern in Hawaii is a program designed for college students and young professionals to get a glimpse into a unique sub-culture of the U.S. while gaining exceptional work experience and living in paradise. The Hawaiiain islands are as diverse as their inhabitants, ranging from urban areas to sprawling lava fields, impressive peaks and some of the best beaches and marine habitats in the world.
Start out in beautiful Honolulu for an orientation which will focus on adventure and Hawaiian culture. Then you may stick around O'ahu or head to another island to begin your customized internship. In your off time, you will have the opportunity to hike Manoa Falls, explore Diamond Head Crater, visit Waimea Bay, and see the best of what the islands have to offer! Learn about Hawaiian history and culture while building your resume or trying out a career path.
Here are some things to expect while on this unique program:
Great location - You really can't go wrong in Hawaii. We'll get you started in the biggest city of Honolulu then you'll head out to where your internship is based, whether that's on a ranch on the big island of Hawaii, in a high-rise building in downtown Honolulu or somewhere in between.
- Choose your experience - You have two options with Intern in Hawaii. If you are looking for more of a group experience, you can choose our set date program with a group orientation. If you are looking for a more independent experience, you should consider our customized internships throughout the year. Whichever option you choose, you can expect a great opportunity to meet the locals and find plenty of social and adventure activities.
- Wide variety of placements available - Want to teach in a classroom? Interested in rehabilitating both domestic and wild animals? Looking for experience in cultivation and nursery care of Hawaii’s unique and exotic plants in a botanical garden? Take your pick, and build your resume while in Hawaii!
The following are fields in which previous interns have been placed, but this list does not determine the availability of a placement in any particular field nor does it guarantee placements in any of these fields for any particular applicant:
Traditional Hawaiian Botanical Garden
Avian (Bird) Conservation
Environmental Education Center
Women and Children's Shelter
At-Risk Youth Mentor
Inner City Youth
Art And Culture
Royal Palace Museum
Marine Biology (Dolphins, Reef Ecology, Seabirds, Turtles)
Community Development (Education/Water/Land)
Ocean Life Park
Computer / Information Technology
Information Technology (IT)
Communication / Media
Legal Justice (Judge/Law Firm/Advocacy)
Politics and Government
There are many reasons to Intern in Hawaii, but here are a few of the key highlights that make this program unique.
• 3-day welcome orientation
• Attend a traditional Hawaiian luau
• Work throughout the year on a 6 to 12 week internship!
• Snorkel among the coral reefs in Hanauma Bay
• Explore Manoa Valley and hike to Manoa Falls
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Calendar Year||2018-2019||31-DEC-2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.