Programs > Brochure
CISabroad Summer in Barcelona
Barcelona, Spain (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Dates & Deadlines:||Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||Luther applicants only|
|Lang. of Instruction:||English, Spanish||Minimum GPA:||2.5|
|Housing:||Apartments, Homestay, Residence Hall||Program Type:||Off-Campus Study|
|Areas of Study:||Art History, Business, Culture, Education, Entrepreneurship, Humanities, Marketing, Spanish, Sports|
Spend 4 to 8 weeks learning from some of the best faculty in Barcelona. On Summer in Barcelona, you’ll soak up all that this cultural hub of the Mediterranean has to offer both inside and outside the classroom.
Get excited about:
- The most pristine white-sand beaches in Western Europe – Barcelona enjoys a Mediterranean climate with comfortable summer temperatures in the mid-70s. Summer is the perfect time to enjoy Barcelona’s famed beaches.
Life in the cultural capital of the Mediterranean – Barcelona is home to more World Heritage sites than any other city in Europe. You will witness 2,000 years of architectural and cultural splendor. The numerous museums, churches, cathedrals, concert halls, the modern art of Joan Miro, Pablo Picasso, and the influential architecture of Antoni Gaudí and Mies van der Rohe make Barcelona an aesthetically appealing destination for visitors from all over the world.
- Quality academics taught in English - This program is perfect for anyone, because the Spanish-language classes are offered for speakers of all levels and are tailored to meet your needs, and most electives are taught in English.
Tons of activities and excursions - We want you to get the most out of your time in Barcelona, so we'll keep you busy. From flamenco shows to cooking classes, there's always something on.
The innovative, unique curriculum offered on CIS Summer at Barcelona International College includes coursework in language, culture, history, art, and the humanities. Classes are as diverse as Sports in Spanish Society and The Impact of Historical Events on the Development of Barcelona. CIS Summer at Barcelona International College offers plenty of chances to immerse yourself in the local culture, make Spanish friends, and study with other students from all over the world.
There are many reasons to study with CISabroad on this program, but here are a few of the key highlights that make this program unique.
- Hands-on orientation and guided tours of the city
- Café culture, delicious cuisine, and amazing nightlife
- A coastline of the best beaches in Europe
- Study Spanish in Barcelona: Spanish classes tailored to your proficiency, whether beginner or advanced
- Classes taught in both English and Spanish
- A diverse, international student body
- A range of academic offerings
- Catalan cooking class, flamenco show, museum visits, and cinema night
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|