|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Dates & Deadlines:||Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||Luther applicants only|
|Lang. of Instruction:||English, Spanish||Minimum GPA:||3.0|
|Class Standing:||3-Junior||Housing:||Homestay, Residence Hall|
|Program Type:||Off-Campus Study||Areas of Study:||Art, Art History, Culture, History, International Relations, Literature, Political Science, Sociology, Spanish|
Barcelona is both a cosmopolitan city and one rooted in ancient tradition, making it the ideal place to soak up Spanish language and culture. Spend the semester immersed in language learning at CIEE’s partner school, Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF) and taking area studies classes at CIEE Barcelona across a range of academic areas. Options for internships are also available for students who want to gain real-world work experience at a local company. All courses are complemented with CIEE co-curricular activities and excursions beyond the city to enhance classroom learning and provide intercultural understanding.
JOIN A HOST FAMILY
at their Barcelona home and soak up the Spanish language and local customs.
CONNECT WITH SPANISH STUDENTS
in a language exchange that helps you practice all you're learning.
EXPERIENCE LIFE IN A COSMOPOLITAN UNIVERSITY
city that's rooted in ancient tradition and reaching forward to the future.
Excursions & Activities
- Get to know Spanish students with conversation exchanges.
- See Barcelona from new heights with a hike and excursion to Collserola.
- See for yourself why landmarks like Museu Picasso and Gaudi’s artworks engender awe from visitors around the world.
- Explore beyond Barcelona, with highlights that could include Roman ruins in the coastal city Tarragona, the medieval town of Girona, the Dalí museum in Figueres, among others.
Students can opt for internships to gain practical experience at NGOs, schools, publishing companies, marketing agencies, businesses, and more. Internships include weekly classroom components that enrich the experience.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Three-day orientation – an introduction to Spanish culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Cultural and/or Co-curricular Activities
- Excursions and/or Study Tours
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Fall||2022||01-MAR-2022 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.