|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||Luther applicants only|
|Lang. of Instruction:||English||Minimum GPA:||2.75|
|Class Standing:||2-Sophomore||Housing:||Homestay, Residence Hall|
|Program Type:||Off-Campus Study||Areas of Study:||Acting/Performance Art, African Studies, Anthropology, Archaeology, Architecture, Art, Biology, Business, Chemistry, Communications, Computer Science, Culture, Design, Developmental Sciences, Economics, Education, Engineering, Environmental Studies, Gender Studies, Geography, Health Science, History, Hospitality Management, Humanities, International Relations, Internships, Journalism, Law, Liberal Arts, Linguistics, Literature, Math/Statistics, Media Studies, Music, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science, Psychology, Public Health, Religion/Theology, Sciences, Sociology, Theater/Drama, Tourism, Urban Design, Urban Studies, Women's Studies|
With an array of courses in African languages, biological and environmental sciences, business, education, engineering, media studies, and more, Gaborone – or Gab as it’s locally known – is a fantastic place to advance your academics and connect with the people of Botswana.
Take courses, in English, at CIEE’s partner school, University of Botswana, as well as at CIEE Gaborone. You can also choose a for-credit internship at a local business or make a real difference by volunteering at a local organization. All courses are complemented with CIEE co-curricular activities and excursions beyond the city to enhance classroom learning and provide intercultural understanding.
ENJOY LIFE AS A VILLAGER
and be exposed to different socio-economic space in modern day Botswana during a three-day stay in rural Botswana
EXPLORE A WILDLIFE SANTUARY
with 30 animal species and more than 230 species of birds
while you lead a research or community project that’s close to your heart
Excursions & Activities
- Meet students by joining a campus sports team or student group, such as the Human Rights Organization, or Students Against HIV/AIDS.
- Expand your view of Africa with local and regional excursions to places like the National Museum, and the Khama Rhino Sanctuary.
- Discover Botswana’s rich history and biodiversity with excursions to Bahurutshe Cultural Village and Mokolodi Game Reserve.
Volunteering. Make a tangible difference by donating time and energy at an environmental organization, orphanage, hospice group, soup kitchen, game reserve, or women’s shelter.
Internships. Get experience for life after college with an internship at a community-based organization such as the Mokolodi Nature Reserve, Project Concern International, Nkaikela Youth Group, or a local business.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- One-week orientation – an introduction to local culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Cultural and/or Co-curricular Activities
- Excursions and/or Study Tours
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|