|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||Luther applicants only|
|Lang. of Instruction:||English||Minimum GPA:||3.0|
|Class Standing:||2-Sophomore||Housing:||Apartments, Homestay, Residence Hall|
|Program Type:||Off-Campus Study||Areas of Study:||Communications, Culture, Czech Language & Literature, European Studies, Film, Internships, Journalism, Media Studies, Political Science, Urban Studies|
With a rapidly evolving start-up scene and multiple well-established corporations, advertising agencies, NGOs, and English-speaking media outlets, Prague is the ideal place to explore global communication trends while learning about the city's rich culture and complex history. Combine your classes at CIEE with studying at Prague's most prestigious university and CIEE’s partner schools, Charles University and the Academy of the Performing Arts (FAMU). Is this not enough? Sign up for a tuition-free optional internship, gain hands-on work experience in a local organization and create a truly rich learning experience.
SATISFY YOUR CURIOSITY
with a guest lecture series featuring local artists, filmmakers, political figures, and philosophers discussing contemporary, issues, art, and media topics.
at the Charles University Institute of Communication Studies and Journalism, and/or the Film and Television School of the Academy of Performing Arts in Prague (FAMU), in addition to media classes at CIEE Prague.
PUT YOUR SKILLS
and knowledge to work with a three-credit internship placement and earn 7 to 10 hours of experience per week.
Excursions & Activities
- Go behind the scenes at radio stations and media companies to see communications and journalism in action.
- Travel overnight to explore Czech media and culture beyond Prague.
- Participate in excursions, and weekly cultural and social activities to immerse yourself in Czech culture, and get to know other students.
- Explore Prague Castle, Old Town, historic halls of Charles University, the theater, and opera.
- Join a language exchange program.
- Meet a Czech family.
- Live in Prague like a Czech student, with a Czech flat buddy to show you around and explain local customs.
- Volunteer at a children’s home or school, or put your communication skills to work on CIEE blogs.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Orientation – an introduction to culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Cultural and/or Co-curricular Activities
- Excursions and/or Study Tours
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|