|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Dates & Deadlines:||Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||Luther applicants only|
|Lang. of Instruction:||English, Spanish||Minimum GPA:||3.0|
|Class Standing:||2-Sophomore||Housing:||Apartments, Homestay|
|Program Type:||Off-Campus Study||Areas of Study:||Biochemistry, Communications, Computer Science, Engineering, Internships, Math/Statistics, Sciences, Spanish|
Combine Spanish language and cultural studies with engineering coursework at CIEE’s prestigious partner school, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid (UC3M). Students can also gain insight into Spanish business culture and get real-world work experience with a for-credit internship. Choose from coursework in Arts and Humanities, Business and Law, and Engineering in English or Spanish. Courses in aerospace, energy, or biomedical engineering are taught in English only. All courses are complemented with CIEE co-curricular activities and excursions beyond the city to enhance classroom learning and provide intercultural understanding.
Watch this video to see what it's like to study biomedical engineering at Universidad Carlos III de Madrid (English begins at one minute. (Video is the property of Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.)
STUDY AT A UNIVERSITY
known for strong programs in telematics, electrical, industrial, telecommunications technologies, telecommunication systems, and computer engineering.
SEE HOW SCIENTISTS
apply problem-solving and critical-thinking skills at Spanish companies.
BUILD COLLABORATIVE SKILLS
and work experience with a business or engineering internship.
Excursions & Activities
- Get to know Spanish students with conversation exchanges or the host university Spanish buddy program.
- Explore beyond Madrid with day trips to Toledo, the Monastery of El Escorial, or the UNESCO World Heritage sites such as Toledo and Alcalá de Henares.
- Soak up Spanish culture with museum visits, dance classes, urban art and graffiti tours, and neighborhood visits in Lavapiés, Malasaña or La Latina.
- Savor down-time with Spanish students while you rock climb, play basketball, hike, kayak, swim, or catch a theater, dance, or music performance.
Volunteering. We're ready to help you help kids, teens, and disabled people in Madrid, through schools, associations, and outreach programs.
Peer-to-peer language support. Practice your Spanish skills and make a new friend with our language exchange program.
Tutors and study groups. Sign up for a UC3M faculty-led study group for one of your STEM courses. Gain a credit get the support you need to complete course work as needed. With CIEE supervision, students can also find a grad student or classmate to help them get the most of class. In general, tutors meet for one hour, once a week.
Internships. Do you have advanced Spanish language skills? Internships are competitive here, but we’ll help you make it happen.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Two-day orientation – an introduction to Spanish culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Cultural and/or Co-curricular Activities
- Excursions and/or Study Tours
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Fall||2022||01-MAR-2022 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.