|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Dates & Deadlines:||Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||Luther applicants only|
|Lang. of Instruction:||English||Minimum GPA:||2.5|
|Areas of Study:||Architecture, Art, Culture, Design, Engineering, Urban Studies|
The Global Architecture + Design program invites design, architecture, or sustainability majors or minors to create model cities that address climate change by reducing the environmental footprint of buildings. All courses are taught in English, and students take the required Future Cities Seminar; Future Cities Design Studio; and Science, Engineering, and Technology Workshop at CIEE Prague, and choice of electives at CIEE Prague and our partner institution, Architectural Institute in Prague (ARCHIP). Hands-on workshops with cutting-edge technology are led by experts from Prague’s architecture and design community. All courses are complemented with CIEE co-curricular activities and excursions beyond the city to enhance classroom learning and provide intercultural understanding.
at the Architectural Institute (ARCHIP) in Prague. The first international school of its kind, ARCHIP is located in a building at Prague 7, which is also a part of the Center for Contemporary Art. ARCHIP offers an opportunity to take classes with students from more than 35 countries around the world!
Prague’s impressive range of architectural styles that include Gothic, Renaissance, Baroque, Rococo, Cubism, and more.
in a ground-breaking design project intended to improve city living.
Excursions & Activities
- Explore Prague Castle, Old Town, the modern Villa Winternitz, the theater, and opera.
- Investigate interesting phenomena - like a gentrification pattern that stretches to the suburbs and a natural corridor that includes old port structures.
- Visit the city’s largest Asian market.
- Take an overnight trip to a city outside Prague and get a sense of how the architecture and culture is different from Prague.
- Collaborate on design projects in small groups with people from diverse backgrounds, including Czech and international students and architects.
- Meet and learn from visiting faculty and professionals via lectures and critiques.
- Practice your language skills with weekly activities organized by CIEE around the neighborhood, including cooking events, film nights, museum visits, and more.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Orientation – an introduction to Czech culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Cultural and/or Co-curricular Activities
- Excursions and/or Study Tours
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Fall||2022||01-MAR-2022 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.