Programs > Brochure
IFSA- Community Building and Sustainable Development in Peru
Lima, Peru (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||Luther applicants only|
|Lang. of Instruction:||Spanish||Minimum GPA:||2.75|
|Class Standing:||2-Sophomore, 3-Junior, 4-Senior||Housing:||Homestay, Hostel|
|Program Type:||Off-Campus Study||Areas of Study:||Culture, Developmental Sciences, Ecology|
Study Abroad in PERU with IFSA
Community Building and Sustainable Development in Peru
About the Program
Combine the Lima metropolis bustling city life, worldly food fusion, endless cultural and night life with Iquitos, the capital of the Peruvian Amazon, the largest city in the world not reachable by road. Science and culture come together as you study and work with local organizations on environmentally focused community improvement projects.
One of the most cosmopolitan and important capitals in South America, Lima is located in a stunningly beautiful setting setting in west central Peru, along the coast of the Pacific Ocean. Among the many things to do in Lima are the local markets featuring beautiful crafts, student friendly entertainment, museums, archaeological sites and architectural treasures.
- Ideal for students interested in Spanish language proficiency, community development and sustainable studies, environmental and biological sciences, and Latin American studies
- Academic and language tutors are available as needed
- Further your knowledge of community action and environmental sustainability, contributing to your increased understanding of the confluence of science and culture
- Study in Coastal Peru in Lima and in Iquitos, part of the Amazonian jungle region, two unique ecological systems
- Work with a non-profit in the Iquitos to gain practical experience abroad and participate in environmentally focused community improvement projects
IFSA scholarships are primarily need-based and factor in any additional cost your study abroad program might have over home school tuition. The awards are $500 for summer programs, $1,500 for semester programs and $2,500 for full year programs. These scholarships may apply to any IFSA program, with the exception of our custom programs.
Take the Next Step!
- Visit our website for more information about the Community Building and Sustainable Development program, including courses, housing arrangements, and co-curricular activities.
- Contact your Student Services Manager at 800-858-0229 or http://firstname.lastname@example.org
- Apply to an IFSA program now!
6201 Corporate Drive Suite 200
Indianapolis, IN 46278
|Dates / Deadlines:|