Programs > Brochure
SRAS Russian as a Second Language: Moscow
Moscow, Russian Federation (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Program Sponsor:||The School of Russian and Asian Studies|
|Dates & Deadlines:||Click here to view|
|Lang. of Instruction:||English, Russian||Housing:||Homestay, Residence Hall|
|Program Type:||Off-Campus Study||Areas of Study:||Culture, Russian|
Russian as a Second Language
Study Russian in Russia, Ukraine, or Kyrgyzstan
This Program is Available in: Moscow, St. Petersburg, Irkutsk, Vladivostok, Bishkek, and Kiev
Russian as a Second Language (RSL) program packages are designed for flexibility to suit almost any need or interest. Study for a week or a year. Choose the bustling streets of Moscow or the rugged hills of Kyrgyzstan. Take advanced courses or start with the basics. Home Stays and TORFL Testing are optionally available. Full summer programs can be combined with seminars and adventures ranging from business courses to horse trekking. With SRAS, it's all up to you.
CurriculumRS-100/200/300/400 Russian Language Study
- Small, intensive classes focuses on reading, writing, grammar, speaking, comprehension, and phonetics. Upper level options vary by location and can include literature, film, or specialized language training (political/economic, media, translation).
- Academic Hours: Fall, Spring: 300* Summer early/late/full: 160/120/200*
- Excursions, seminars, and other out-of-the-classroom experiences at locations of historical, cultural, or other interest. Syllabi available for: Moscow, St. Petersburg, Bishkek, Vladivostok, Irkutsk, and Kiev.
- Take optional, intensive hours of individual tutoring customized to your level and needs. Additional cost varies by location. Contact SRAS for more information.
- Customise your full summer program with these optional seminars to learn even more about Russia or Central Asia! Note that these seminars will take place within the same timeframe as the full summer RSL. General dates are listed below for your information. RSL must be taken in the same location as the seminar. To apply - just sign up for a full summer of RSL in the appropriate location and send your SRAS representative a note saying that you want the add-on package!
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Fall||2019||01-MAR-2019 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Academic Year||2019-2020||01-MAR-2019 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Summer||2019||01-MAR-2019 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.