|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Dates & Deadlines:||Click here to view|
|Lang. of Instruction:||English, German||Minimum GPA:||2.5|
|Class Standing:||2-Sophomore, 3-Junior||Housing:||Apartments, Homestay, Residence Hall|
|Areas of Study:||Architectural History, Architecture, Art History, Business, Communications, Computer Science, Culture, Design, Engineering, European Studies, Film, Health & Human Services, Health Science, International Relations, Journalism, Literature, Math/Statistics, Media Studies, Political Science|
Do Berlin on your own terms by customizing your experience through the Open Campus program. Take one, two, or three six-week blocks, select your academic track from six options, then choose your courses from a wide range of subject areas. No matter how you build your program, you’ll surround yourself with the language, culture, and people of the vibrant, international Kreuzberg district – a hub for the arts, music, and digital technology.
STAY IN BERLIN FOR THE DURATION
of your study abroad or add on blocks in other CIEE Open Campus locations in London, Rome, Paris, Madrid, and Cape Town.
architectural masterpieces and world-class arts scenes.
SEE HOW GERMANY AND THE EUROPEAN UNION
are addressing major healthcare challenges through courses and fieldwork.
Excursions & Activities
- Visit the German Institute for International and Security Affairs to discuss cyber security.
- Walk along the East Side Gallery – the longest existing stretch of the Berlin Wall – with a local artist and political activist.
- Tour Jamba!, a ring-tone creator and marketing firm that has become one of Berlin’s most successful tech start-ups, and more.
- In each block, participate in a two-night, three-day study tour to another region in Germany or Europe.
- Students living in the residence hall can experience a weekend homestay with a local German family.
- Volunteering. Give back and create a deeper connection to Berlin. Students have opportunities to volunteer at local organizations, youth centers, schools, and more.
- Internships. Build new skills and intercultural competencies through the CIEE Academic Internship, and become an active member of the Berlin professional environment.
- Research. Pursue a research project of your own design incorporating independent, local field work.
- Service-learning projects. Combine course-based learning with practical, relevant project experience to meet a community-defined need.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Multi-day on-site orientation – introducing students to Berlin society and culture, and the CIEE academic program.
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight excursions
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Fall||2022||01-MAR-2022 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.