|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Lang. of Instruction:||English, Spanish||Minimum GPA:||2.5|
|Housing:||Homestay||Program Type:||Off-Campus Study|
|Areas of Study:||Culture, Ecology, Government, History, International Relations, Other Language & Literature, Spanish, Tourism|
Study in Santiago, and immerse yourself in the daily life of a rapidly developing Spanish-Caribbean country where fascinating historical, commercial, and ecological treasures intersect. You’ll get a taste of daily life in the city known as La Ciudad Corazón (City of the Heart) through excursions, a homestay with a local family, and real-world experience that brings classroom teachings to life.
EXPLORE THE SOCIOECONOMIC EFFECTS
of tourism around the fabulous North Coast.
at Centro Cultural Dominico Americano, a binational private institution endorsed by the U.S. Embassy in the country.
DEEPEN YOUR UNDERSTANDING
of the culture and language in the Dominican Republic first-hand by living with a host family.
Excursions & Activities
- Explore the historic and cultural charms of Santo Domingo
- Visit the world-renowned 27 Waterfalls of Damajagua
You’ll participate in a range of field experiences that lend practical context to your classroom-based learning. Unique opportunities to hear from and engage with people at the center and forefront of the country’s issues complement and enhance your experience.
- Most meals
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Orientation – an introduction to Santiago culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|