Programs > Brochure
Spanish Studies Abroad - Quarter Internship – Alicante
Alicante, Spain (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Program Sponsor:||Spanish Studies Abroad|
|Lang. of Instruction:||Spanish||Housing:||Homestay|
|Program Type:||Internship||Areas of Study:||Business, Culture, Spanish|
Language and Internship Quarter - Alicante, Spain
Why choose Alicante?
Alicante, the jewel of the Costa Blanca, is a charming harbor city that is both tranquil in its coastal climate and vibrant with modern Spanish life. The culture, architecture, language, and people have all been shaped by the region's rich history of sea merchants and conquerors.
Language and Internship Quarter
Spanish Studies Abroad offers program options in Alicante for those students that are on the quarter system. Students enroll in one intensive language course and gain valuable work experience pursuing an internship in the field of their choice. Internship opportunities allow you access to the work culture and daily life of local citizens, often hidden to students studying abroad, and to more fully integrate into the local culture. Language courses are taught at our center, and includes numerous cultural activities, day trips and excursions. In addition to living in an Spanish home, cultural events and social activities enhance the cultural element of your experience.
Blends a thoughtful synthesis of homestays, study visits, language exchanges, volunteer, and other cultural opportunities into the curriculum, so that you may more fully integrate with the alicantino culture.
TRAVEL THE LAND...
Study visits may include:
- Castle of Santa Bárbara
- Cathedral of San Nicolás and Basilica of Santa María
- Local museums, such as the Bonfires Museum, Museum of Fine Art, and the Museum of Archeology
- Local day trips to locations such as Valencia or Orihuela
LIVE THE LIFE...
- Spanish Studies Abroad designed these courses to aid in cultural adaptation
- Organized cultural activities with Spanish and international students
- Citywide festivals, such as Moros y Cristianos, Hogueras de San Juan, and Carnaval
- Internships and volunteer opportunities
- Access to campus life through student clubs, organizations, and university events
- Homestays with local families
- Double occupancy room & full board
- Overnight & local study visits & cultural activities
- Health Insurance
- Spanish Studies transcript
- Support of onsite staff
- Successful completion of one semester of advanced college-level Spanish, or the equivalent or heritage speaker
- Minimum 3.0 GPA in Spanish coursework
Spanish Studies Abroad
446 Main Street
Amherst MA, 01002
|Dates / Deadlines:|