Programs > Brochure
Spanish Studies Abroad - Quarter Internship – Seville
Seville, Spain (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Program Sponsor:||Spanish Studies Abroad|
|Lang. of Instruction:||Spanish||Class Standing:||2-Sophomore, 3-Junior, 4-Senior|
|Areas of Study:||Business, Culture, Spanish||Language GPA:||3.0|
Language & Internship Quarter Program - Seville, Spain
Why choose Seville?
Seville, a beautiful and ancient city on the banks of the Guadalquivir River, is the centerpiece of your study abroad experience. Seville has a temperate climate and rich cultural life. As the land of Carmen and Don Juan, Seville embodies the culture of Southern Spain. In this picturesque city, you will discover moorish palaces and renaissance gardens, flowered patios, paintings, statues, flamenco dancing and music, bull fights at La Real de Caballería, siesta, tortillas, and the Spanish way of life.
Language and Internship Quarter Program
Spanish Studies Abroad offers program options in Seville for those students that are on the quarter system. Students enroll in one intensive language course and gain valuable work experience pursuing an internship in the field of their choice.
Internship opportunities allow you access to the work culture and daily life of local citizens, often hidden to students studying abroad, and to more fully integrate into the local culture. Language courses are taught at our Center, and include numerous cultural activities, day trips, and excursions. In addition to living in a Spanish home, cultural events and social activities enhance the cultural element of your experience.
- Ideal for students on the Quarter/Trimester system
- Dedication to academic excellence
- Classes are held in our historical Center, built in two turn of the century mansions
- Opportunity to gain professional experience abroad
- Complete 4 semester credits of Spanish language
- Internship in a variety of fields for 6 credits
- Earn 10 semester credits total
TRAVEL THE LAND...
Local study visits may include:
- Museo de Bellas Artes, a fine arts museum converted from a 15th-century convent
- Archivo de Indias, home to centuries of historical documents that chronicle Spain's role in the Americas
- Itálica, a vestige of the Roman Empire in Southern Spain
- Seville's principal monuments, such as the catedral and the Alcázar, a 10th-century Moorish Palace
- Art exhibits, concerts and evenings at the theater
- Roman, Muslim, and Jewish monuments in Córdoba, Mérida, and Cáceres
- The monastery of La Rábida, where Columbus planned his first voyage to the Americas
- The great Hispano-Muslim monuments of Granada at the foot of the Sierra Nevada mountains
LIVE THE LIFE...
- Spanish Studies Abroad designs these courses to aid in cultural adaptation
- Organized cultural activities with Spanish and international students
- Internships and volunteer opportunities
- Access to campus life through student clubs, organizations, and university events
- Homestays with local families
Spanish Studies Program Inclusions:
- Double occupancy room & full board
- Overnight & local study visits & cultural activities
- Health Insurance
- Spanish Studies transcript
- Support of onsite staff
- Successful completion of one semester of advanced college-level Spanish, or the equivalent
- Minimum 3.0 GPA in Spanish coursework
Spanish Studies Abroad
446 Main Street
Amherst MA, 01002
tel: (413) 256-0011
|Dates / Deadlines:|