Programs > Brochure
Spanish Studies Abroad - Quarter Language – Alicante
Alicante, Spain (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Program Sponsor:||Spanish Studies Abroad|
|Lang. of Instruction:||Spanish||Class Standing:||2-Sophomore, 3-Junior, 4-Senior|
|Housing:||Homestay||Program Type:||Off-Campus Study|
|Areas of Study:||Spanish||Language GPA:||3.0|
Intensive Language Study Quarter - Alicante, Spain
Why choose Alicante?
Alicante, the jewel of the Costa Blanca, is a charming harbor city that is both tranquil in its coastal climate and vibrant with modern Spanish life. The culture, architecture, language, and people have all been shaped by the region's rich history of sea merchants and conquerors.
Intensive Language Study Quarter Program
Spanish Studies Abroad offers program options in Alicante for those students that are on the quarter system. Students enroll in two intensive language courses and compliment their studies by pursuing an Independent Research Project (IRP). Courses are taught at the Universidad de Alicante (UA) and includes numerous cultural activities, day trips and excursions.In addition to living in a Spanish home, cultural events and social activities enhance the cultural element of your experience. During this program students benefit from the expertise of our Resident Director and staff, who guide you to more fully immerse yourself in the local community.
- Ideal for students on the Quarter/Trimester system
- Dedication to academic excellence
- Classes at Universidad de Alicante
- Complete 7-8 credits of Spanish language
- Independent Research Project designed to meet requirements of home institution
- Average class size: 10-12
- 11-13 credits
LEARN THE LANGUAGE...
- Guided direct enrollment in a wide-array of courses offered through Universidad de Alicante
- Classes taught by Spanish professors
- Independent Research Projects
Study visits may include:
- Castle of Santa Bárbara
- Cathedral of San Nicolás and Basilica of Santa María
- Local museums, such as the Bonfires Museum, Museum of Fine Art, and the Museum of Archeology
- Local day trips to locations such as Valencia or Orihuela
LIVE THE LIFE...
- Spanish Studies Abroad designed these courses to aid in cultural adaptation
- Organized cultural activities with Spanish and international students
- Internships and volunteer opportunities
- Access to campus life through student clubs, organizations, and university events
- Homestays with local families
- Tuition, room & board, meals
- Support of Resident Director
- Pre-departure support
- Overnight and local study visits
- Cultural activities, orientation, health insurance, and a Spanish Studies Abroad transcript.
- Optional trips and activities are also available through the university!
- Successful completion of one semester of intermediate Spanish or the equivalent.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA in Spanish coursework
- Approval from Universidad de Alicante, based upon their online assessment
Spanish Studies Abroad
446 Main Street
Amherst MA, 01002
|Dates / Deadlines:|