Programs > Brochure
Spanish Studies Abroad - Summer Term - Havana
Havana, Cuba (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Program Sponsor:||Spanish Studies Abroad|
|Dates & Deadlines:||Click here to view|
|Lang. of Instruction:||Spanish||Class Standing:||2-Sophomore, 3-Junior, 4-Senior|
|Housing:||Homestay||Program Type:||Off-Campus Study|
|Areas of Study:||Culture, History, Literature, Spanish||Language GPA:||3.0|
Summer Term Program - Havana, Cuba
Why choose Havana?The city of La Habana, founded in 1514, and named after a local aboriginal chief, is Cuba’s cosmopolitan capital. Havana was once one of the most prosperous ports, and the third most populous city in the Americas. A beautiful city, with idyllic landscapes, captivating bays, and a rich, diverse culture, Havana is the site for an ideal learning experience.
Summer Term at Universidad de La HabanaThe Summer Term Program gives intermediate to advanced Spanish-level students the unique opportunity to take language and content courses designed for international students studying Spanish at Universidad de La Habana, all while benefiting from the cultural guidance, language tools, and academic quality that defines Spanish Studies Abroad.
Program Highlights:The goal of the Summer Term Program is to guide you to live as a member of this community, while gaining a profound understanding of your surroundings. In this atmosphere of constant immersion, you will share daily activities with fellow Cuban and international students, whether attending classes or socializing. Courses designed for international students learning Spanish and access to abundant cultural resources, workshops, and activities allow you to more fully integrate into campus life at Universidad de La Habana.
Learn the Language...
- All classes taught in Spanish by Cuban professors
- Courses designed for international students in a variety of disciplines: language, history, culture, literature.
- Earn up to 5 credits
- All-inclusive program-sponsored study trips
- Visits to locations such as Old Havana, the Museum of the Revolution, Farmers' Markets, grassroots community centers, jazz, salsa, hip-hop concerts and a day-trip to Las Terrazas.
Spanish Studies Abroad program fees include tuition, room & partial board (homestay with breakfast and dinner provided daily), support of the onsite Resident Director, pre-departure support, laundry, day-trips, local study visits, cultural activities, orientation, and a Spanish Studies Abroad transcript. Optional activities are also available through the university.
- Successful completion of elementary college-level Spanish or the equivalent
- 3.0 GPA in Spanish coursework. Content courses may have additional language prerequisites.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old before program begins.
Spanish Studies Abroad
446 Main Street
Amherst MA, 01002
tel: (413) 256-0011
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|