|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Program Sponsor:||Barcelona SAE|
|Restrictions:||Luther applicants only|
|Lang. of Instruction:||English, Spanish||Minimum GPA:||2.5|
|Class Standing:||2-Sophomore, 3-Junior, 4-Senior||Housing:||Apartments, Homestay|
|Program Type:||Internship||Areas of Study:||Aboriginal Studies, Accessories Design, Accounting, Acting/Performance Art, Advertising, African Studies, Agriculture, American Studies, Anthropology, Arabic, Arabic Language & Literature, Archaeology, Architectural History, Architecture, Art, Art History, Asian Studies, Astronomy, Biochemistry, Biology, Botany, Business, Business Design, Business Information Systems, Catalan Language & Literature, Celtic/Irish Studies, Central Asian Studies, Chemistry, Child Development, Chinese, Classical Studies, Communication Design, Communications, Computer Science, Creative Writing, Criminology, Culinary Arts, Culture, Czech Language & Literature, Dance, Design, Developmental Sciences, Dietetics & Nutrition, Earth Science, Eastern European Studies, Ecology, Economics, Education, Educational Administration, Engineering, English, Entrepreneurship, Environmental Studies, European Studies, Fashion Design, Fashion Merchandising, Film, Finance, Fine Arts, Food Communications, Food Technology & Management, Forestry, French, Gastronomy, Gender Studies, Geography, Geology, German, Government, Graphic Design, Greek, Health & Human Services, Health Science, Hebrew, History, Hospitality Management, Human Resources Management, Human Rights, Humanities, Hungarian Language & Literature, Iberian Studies, Information Design, Interdisciplinary Design, Interior Architecture, Interior Design, International Business, International Relations, International Studies, Internships, Italian, Italian Language & Literature, Japanese, Jewish Studies, Journalism, Korean, Latin, Latin American Studies, Law, Liberal Arts, Linguistics, Literature, Management, Mandarin, Marine Science, Marketing, Mass Communications, Math/Statistics, Media Studies, Middle Eastern Studies, Minority Studies, Molecular Biology, Music, Neuroscience, Nigerian Studies, Other Language & Literature, Peace & Conflict Studies, Peace Studies, Philosophy, Photography, Physics, Polish Language & Literature, Political Science, Politics, Portuguese, Pre-Health, Pre-Law, Print Making, Product Design, Psychology, Public Health, Public Relations, Religion/Theology, Russian, Russian Literature, Russian Studies, Sciences, Service Learning, Siberian Studies, Social Policy & Administration, Social Work, Sociology, Spanish, Sports, Sports Science, Studio Art, Textile Design, Thai, Theater/Drama, Tourism, Ukrainian, Ukrainian Language & Culture, Urban Design, Urban Studies, Vietnamese Language & Culture, Women's Studies, Writing, Zoology|
Gain an edge that sets you apart from other graduates in your future career field! An internship in the cosmopolitan city of Barcelona offers hands-on professional experience paired with new cross-cultural communication skills and your proven ability to actively participate in the global workforce. There is no better way to prepare yourself for success from graduation and beyond.
Barcelona SAE internships are 100% customized to your major, preferences, experience, and career goals. This means you will be doing hands-on work in your field and developing professional intercultural skills, while boosting your resume as you move towards graduation and beyond. Placements are available with start dates throughout the year in English and Spanish for a wide variety of majors. You can choose from 4-12 week options with the opportunity to receive academic credit.
- Minimum G.P.A. Requirement: 2.5
- Class Requirement: Freshman-Senior Standing
- Language Requirement: Although helpful, no previous Spanish language knowledge is required.
- ENGLISH AND SPANISH PLACEMENTS OFFERED: While speakers of both Spanish and English will have even more position possibilities, keep in mind that some organizations in Barcelona offer placements that even prefer English speakers. Many of these companies will give you international communication responsibilities that could utilize either or both languages!
- BUSINESS HUB: Barcelona is a thriving business hub for both startup companies and established international organizations. With professionals from various nationalities and language backgrounds, this cosmopolitan city prides itself on diversity and innovation. Entrepreneurship is highly supported by the government, which allows public and private business organizations of all sizes to flourish.
- QUALITY OF LIFE: Barcelona understands the work/life balance, and while employees work hard, they take time to enjoy a leisurely lunch, hold meetings over a cafe con leche and build business relations through “afterwork” social gatherings. By interning through Barcelona SAE, you will not only gain practical skills in your field but also have the chance to create and grow meaningful international network connections that go beyond the office.
- PRESTIGE WORLDWIDE: Every year, Barcelona draws international conferences, workshops, and professional exhibitions that showcase cutting-edge innovation. Past events have included the Mobile World Congress, the International Food and Drinks Exhibition, and even the Olympic Games.
Students will spend approximately 20 hours per week at their internship placement, although the specific schedule for each intern will vary slightly according to the needs of their company.
Interns generally arrive on a Monday and have orientation during their first week to help prepare for the cultural, professional, and logistical differences in Barcelona. Within a few days of arrival, interns will meet their supervisors, accompanied by a Barcelona SAE staff member, to discuss job responsibilities, expectations and set goals.
Barcelona SAE offers customizable placements in the following fields:
- Culinary Arts
- Event Planning
- Government & Politics
- Graphic Design
- Health & Fitness
- Hospitality & Tourism
- Information Technology
- International Business
- Public Relations
- …and MORE!
All Barcelona SAE Customized Internships Include:
Countdown to Barcelona:
- Professional Skype Interview
- Cover Letter & Resume Coaching
- Personalized Advising
- One Year Digital Subscription to the New York Times
- Customized Internship Placement
- Airport Pick-Up (Must Arrive BEFORE 12pm on Program Start Date)
- Logistical & Cultural Orientations
- Staff Escort to First Day of Internship
- Intensive Spanish Language Courses
- Housing for the Duration of Program (Homestays include Breakfast/Dinner!)
- Comprehensive Medical & Accident Insurance
- 24-Hour Emergency Support
- English-Speaking Staff
- The Barcelona SAE Bucket List
- Day Trip(s) to Discover Catalonia (Girona, Montserrat, Figures, Besalú, etc.)
- Weekly Cultural Agenda (The Local Perspective of What’s Happening Each Week!)
- Weekly Cultural Activities (Cooking Classes, Dance Lessons, Barrio Tours, and MORE!)
- Monthly Professional Agenda
- Working Across Cultures Workshop (Summer Interns)
- Cultural Mentor Program
- Welcome Activity
- Re-Entry Workshop & Farewell Meal
- Alumni & Career Services
- Invitation to Barcelona SAE’s LinkedIn Alumni Group
- Opportunity to Apply for Barcelona SAE’s “Best of the Best” Internship Program
- Opportunity to Apply to be a “Barcelona SAE Campus Ambassador Intern” on Your Home Campus
- Invitations to Study Abroad & Internship Returnee Conferences Throughout the U.S.
The Program Does Not Include:
- Round-Trip Airfare to/from Barcelona
- Visa Costs (If Applicable)
- Mobile Phones & Charges
- Local Transportation
- Personal Items
|Dates / Deadlines:|