Programs > Brochure
The School for Field Studies (SFS) Australia - Watersheds of the Wet Tropics (Summer II)
Atherton Tablelands, Australia (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Program Sponsor:||The School for Field Studies (SFS)|
|Lang. of Instruction:||English||Minimum GPA:||2.6|
|Class Standing:||2-Sophomore, 3-Junior, 4-Senior||Housing:||Residence Hall|
|Program Type:||Off-Campus Study||Areas of Study:||Anthropology, Biology, Botany, Earth Science, Ecology, Economics, Environmental Studies, Forestry, Geography, International Studies, Sciences, Tourism, Zoology|
SFS AUSTRALIA: WATERSHEDS OF THE WET TROPICS (SUMMER II)
- Term: Summer Session II
- Credits: 4 semester-hour credits (8 credits if taken with Session I)
- Prerequisites: No course prerequisites: 18 years of age
- Application Deadline: Rolling admissions. Early applications encouraged
- Financial Aid: All accepted students can apply for need-based scholarships, grants, and loans
The Great Barrier Reef and the tropical rainforests of northern Australia are part of a complex ecosystem. This summer, live in Queensland, Australia and learn about rainforest and watershed management in this tropical region. Examine policy solutions and other actions needed to maintain healthy waterways in the face of a changing climate.
- Go snorkeling off a Great Barrier Reef island and learn about the links between rainforest restoration and water quality on the reef while observing sea turtles, giant clams, corals, and other marine organisms up close.
SUMMER COMBINEDTake back-to-back summer sessions and get the hands-on learning and skill-building experiences of an internship, while also going off the beaten path and exploring the world. Each summer session focuses on a different topic, and you’ll have time to travel independently between sessions. Receive a $1,000 discount on your second session.
Visit the SFS website
CONNECT WITH SFS
Call the Admissions Hotline at 800.989.4418
Read updates from the field on the SFS Blog
Follow SFS on Instagram and Facebook
Watch student videos on YouTube and Vimeo
|Dates / Deadlines:|