Programs > Brochure
The School for Field Studies (SFS) Tanzania - Carnivores of the African Plains (Summer II)
Moyo Hill Camp, Tanzania (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Program Sponsor:||The School for Field Studies (SFS)|
|Lang. of Instruction:||English||Minimum GPA:||2.6|
|Class Standing:||2-Sophomore, 3-Junior, 4-Senior||Housing:||Residence Hall|
|Program Type:||Off-Campus Study||Areas of Study:||African Studies, Anthropology, Biology, Botany, Earth Science, Ecology, Economics, Environmental Studies, Forestry, Geography, International Studies, Sciences, Sociology, Tourism, Zoology|
SFS TANZANIA: CARNIVORES OF THE AFRICAN PLAINS (SUMMER II)
- Term: Summer Session II
- Credits: 4 semester-hour credits (8 credits if taken with Session I)
- Prerequisites: No course prerequisites: 18 years of age
- Application Deadline: Rolling admissions. Early applications encouraged
- Financial Aid: All accepted students can apply for need-based scholarships, grants, and loans
Meet the charismatic carnivores of Tanzania. The country is home to more than 35 species of carnivores, including the African lion, cheetah, leopard, and wild dog – all of which are on the IUCN Red List. Through safari drives and field expeditions, study the behavioral ecology and conservation challenges facing these incredible creatures and observe some of Africa’s largest remaining carnivore guilds up close.
- Visit the Tarangire Lion Project to learn from leading lion researchers and analyze pride population dynamics and individual behavior using radio telemetry and camera trapping data.
SUMMER COMBINEDTake back-to-back summer sessions and get the hands-on learning and skill-building experiences of an internship, while also going off the beaten path and exploring the world. Each summer session focuses on a different topic, and you’ll have time to travel independently between sessions. Receive a $1,000 discount on your second session.
Visit the SFS website
CONNECT WITH SFS
Call the Admissions Hotline at 800.989.4418
Read updates from the field on the SFS Blog
Follow SFS on Instagram and Facebook
Watch student videos on YouTube and Vimeo
|Dates / Deadlines:|