Programs > Brochure
The School for Field Studies (SFS) Panama - Tropical Island Ecosystems: The Human Impact (Summer I)
Bocas del Toro, Panama (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Program Sponsor:||The School for Field Studies (SFS)|
|Lang. of Instruction:||English||Minimum GPA:||2.6|
|Class Standing:||2-Sophomore, 3-Junior, 4-Senior||Housing:||Residence Hall|
|Program Type:||Off-Campus Study||Areas of Study:||Anthropology, Biology, Ecology, Economics, Environmental Studies, Geography, Humanities, International Studies, Latin American Studies, Marine Science, Sciences, Sociology, Spanish, Tourism|
SFS PANAMA: TOURISM AND ISLAND ECOSYSTEMS (SUMMER I)
- Term: Summer Session I
- Credits: 4 semester-hour credits (8 credits if taken with Session II)
- Prerequisites: No course prerequisites: 18 years of age
- Application Deadline: Rolling admissions. Early applications encouraged
- Financial Aid: All accepted students can apply for need-based scholarships, grants, and loans
Spend your summer snorkeling and hiking through the beautiful natural environments of Bocas – from coral reefs and mangroves to beaches and rainforests – while studying the impacts of tourism and other human activities on the island’s ecosystems and communities. Interview local residents who depend on both tourism and natural resources, analyze regional and national policies, and learn about current approaches to sustainable development in the archipelago.
- Connect with Indigenous Ngäbe island communities: Learn about the importance of the natural environment to their culture and their efforts to create authentic, sustainable tourism.
SUMMER COMBINEDTake back-to-back summer sessions and get the hands-on learning and skill-building experiences of an internship, while also going off the beaten path and exploring the world. Each summer session focuses on a different topic, and you’ll have time to travel independently between sessions. Receive a $1,000 discount on your second session.
Visit the SFS website
CONNECT WITH SFS
Call the Admissions Hotline at 800.989.4418
Read updates from the field on the SFS Blog
Follow SFS on Instagram and Facebook
Watch student videos on YouTube and Vimeo
|Dates / Deadlines:|