Programs > Brochure
IFSA - Summer in Prague
Prague, Czech Republic (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Lang. of Instruction:||English||Minimum GPA:||2.5|
|Class Standing:||2-Sophomore, 3-Junior, 4-Senior||Housing:||Apartments|
|Program Type:||Off-Campus Study||Areas of Study:||Business, Computer Science, Czech Language & Literature, Economics, European Studies, Finance, History, Human Resources Management, International Business, Management, Political Science, Sociology|
IFSA - SUMMER IN PRAGUE
Prague, Czech Republic
WHY STUDY IN PRAGUE
Prague, the capital of the Czech Republic, is one of Central Europe’s oldest gems, but also one of its rising stars. Home to innovation, art and creativity, Prague is the gateway to the “new Europe” within the Czech Republic and neighboring Germany and Austria. The city’s train stations, bus networks, and airport make Prague an ideal base from which to explore Europe. With a plethora of cafés, cathedrals, and museums, there is no shortage of local wonders to experience in Prague, and an excellent public transportation system allows you to traverse the city with ease.
As a nation that has successfully transitioned from communist rule to a stable democratic government, the Czech Republic stands out as a modern political and economic success story in Central Europe. Experience this cultural and historic treasure for yourself!
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Explore your interests and discover new passions in the lively and affordable European capital city of Prague. With easy access to surrounding countries, Prague is perfectly positioned for a wide range of academic opportunities as well as travels, making it the ideal location for your summer abroad. The start-up culture of the city lends itself to class topics in computer science, business, and cybersecurity, plus Session 2 participants may select from an array of Prague College classes.
During your Summer in Prague, customize your study abroad experience by taking a single class during the four-week Session 1 or take a single class at Prague College during the four-week Session 2. You can also extend your studies by enrolling in both Session 1 and Session 2. Combine study with an internship by enrolling in Summer in Prague Session 1 followed by the eight-week Summer Internship in Prague program.
Session 1 Classes
- Issues in Cybersecurity in Start-ups
- Project Team Management in Innovation Companies
Through IFSA’s partnership with Prague College, you can enroll alongside students from around the world in featured classes from the schools of Business, Art & Design, and Media & Information Technology. Past offerings are listed below.
- Culture, Values, and Business
- Digital Photography
- Financial Crime
- Inclusion and Diversity in the Workplace
- Morality, Business, and Society
- Studio Painting
- Understanding and Leading Change
- Web Design and Development
Please visit Summer in Prague for complete class descriptions and syllabi.
CULTURAL ENGAGEMENT ACTIVITIES & EXCURSIONS
Program activities are designed to enhance your intercultural competence by developing your understanding of the local culture and people. They are optional, but they are included in your total program fee. Activities vary each term based on availability, but previous events have included:
- Tour of Historic Prague: Let yourself be smitten by the beautiful historic downtown and learn about the story of a nation throughout 700 years of history.
- Farmer’s Market: Join the social event of Saturday market shopping among locals, partly guided, partly for you to explore the smells, sounds, shapes, and colors of local products. And, of course, there’ll be a tasting!
- Prague’s Story through Architecture: Your first dip into the local history will prepare you for wandering the streets of Prague with new appreciation and cultural awareness.
- Cookout with Czech Peers: It is hard to meet Czechs among the tourist crowds of summertime. This activity is a great opportunity for you to do just that – and get a few tips and insights from locals. Plus, you’ll fall in love with chlebícky (open-faced sandwiches).
- Karlštejn Castle Tour: Just an hour outside of Prague, explore this jewel of a 14th century gothic castle and spend the day enjoying the countryside.
- Scenic Brewery Visit: Enjoy a short hike in Prague’s countryside to visit a brewery and tour one of the stars of the traditional beer-making industry (Únetice)!
|BEGIN YOUR STUDY ABROAD JOURNEY|
Choose your ideal program by customizing and personalizing your search filters. Using IFSA’s Global Wayfinder tool, you can find programs by searching beyond location and area of study. Consider aspects such as your day-to-day living experience or your interests to find your ideal program.
Using CHART, you’ll be able to see which classes abroad fit easily into your academic plan. You can also see which classes your home institution has already approved to guarantee that your credits will align.
Apply Online Today.
Our easy online application process is here for you! Simply log in to the IFSA Student Portal and answer questions about yourself to get started. If you get stuck or have questions, reach out to our IFSA team. We’re here to help.
- Academic Support
- Administrative Fees and Applications Fees
- Airport Pickup
- Activities and Excursions (including transportation and meals)
- Guaranteed Housing
- International Medical Insurance
- Internet Access in Housing
- Internship, Directed Research, and Volunteer Opportunities (on many programs)
- Meals (on some programs)
- Official Transcript with U.S. Credit Translation
- On-site Orientation
- On-site Staff Support (including in-person meetings and emergencies)
- Pre-arrival Advising
WE’RE HERE FOR YOU
|Dates / Deadlines:|