Programs > Brochure
IFSA - Universidad Nacional
Heredia, Costa Rica (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Dates & Deadlines:||Click here to view|
|Lang. of Instruction:||Spanish||Minimum GPA:||2.75|
|Class Standing:||2-Sophomore, 3-Junior, 4-Senior||Housing:||Homestay|
|Program Type:||Off-Campus Study||Areas of Study:||Accounting, Agriculture, Art History, Biochemistry, Biology, Botany, Business, Chemistry, Child Development, Computer Science, Culture, Dance, Earth Science, Ecology, Economics, Education, Engineering, Environmental Studies, European Studies, Finance, Fine Arts, Forestry, Gender Studies, Geography, Geology, Graphic Design, Health Science, History, Human Resources Management, Human Rights, International Relations, International Studies, Latin American Studies, Law, Linguistics, Literature, Marine Science, Marketing, Music, Peace & Conflict Studies, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science, Psychology, Public Relations, Social Work, Sociology, Spanish, Sports Science, Studio Art, Theater/Drama, Urban Studies, Women's Studies, Zoology|
Study Abroad in COSTA RICA
About the Program
Nestled between mountains, Heredia offers a unique Latin American experience. You'll find great academic opportunities at top-ranked Universidad Nacional, all within the reach of ecological sites, national parks, beautiful beaches, and nearby hiking trails. So, sit back and enjoy a fresh cup of Costa Rican coffee as you embrace the Pura Vida.
Heredia offers a small town feel, yet close to big-city attractions. Located in central Costa Rica Heredia is known throughout the world for its coffee plantations and volcanic national parks. Visit tropical forests, picture-perfect waterfalls and gleaming rivers that surround the area.
- Universidad Nacional combines excellent academics with extensive opportunities to get involved in campus life and the surrounding community
- Join an exciting, diverse student body in smaller class sizes at an innovative university
- Take advantage of special concentrations that focus on teacher education and environmental studies
- You may cross-enroll in a variety of departments and take classes with Costa Rican students
- Academic tutors available throughout the semester
- Great program for ecology and environmental studies majors
- Live and learn in one of the safest countries in Central America, a place with a small town feel and an outstanding natural environment
- Great location to increase Spanish proficiency, and immerse in the local culture
IFSA scholarships are primarily need-based and factor in any additional cost your study abroad program might have over home school tuition. The awards are $500 for summer programs, $1,500 for semester programs and $2,500 for full year programs. These scholarships may apply to any IFSA program, with the exception of our custom programs.
Take the next Step!
- Visit our website for more information about our Universidad Nacional program.
- Contact your student Services manager at 800-858-0229 or http://email@example.com
- Apply to an IFSA program now!
6201 Corporate Drive Suite 200
Indianapolis, IN 46278
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Calendar Year||2021-2022||31-DEC-2021 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.