Programs > Brochure
IFSA- University of York
York, United Kingdom (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Lang. of Instruction:||English||Minimum GPA:||3.0|
|Housing:||Apartments, Residence Hall, Student responsibility||Program Type:||Off-Campus Study|
|Areas of Study:||Art History, Biology, Business, Chemistry, Computer Science, Economics, Education, Engineering, English, Environmental Studies, History, Math/Statistics, Music, Philosophy, Physics, Political Science, Psychology, Social Policy & Administration, Sociology, Women's Studies|
Study Abroad in ENGLAND
University of York
About the Program
York is consistently ranked as one of Britain's top 10 universities, and is a member of the elite Russell Group, similar to the Ivy League. Whether you aim to expand your horizon through rigorous classes, or to push past your comfort zone, you'll be part of a diverse and supportive environment, located in a beautiful, historic and unique European city.
York has an ancient history complemented by a modern cultural scene with more than 2,000 years of history evident in walls that date to Roman times. Fascinating architecture abounds including York Minster, Northern Europe's largest Gothic cathedral. Explore the famous Yorkshire Moors and Bronte country. Travel with ease to nearby London, just a two hour train ride.
- Study at one of Britain's top 10 universities, a member of Britain's Russell Group of universities, similar to the Ivy League
- Enjoy a beautiful, self-contained campus along a lake in a charming village, a 20-minute walk from York's city center
- A busy schedule of concerts, films, plays and lectures on campus provides many opportunities to engage with local students
- Participate in clubs and societies geared to students' cultural, academic, political, religious and recreational interests and enjoy an on-campus sports center and 40 acres of outdoor playing fields
- Each student is assigned to an academic staff member who acts as advisor on both academic progress and personal welfare
- An optional dining plan (MAD - Meals in ADvance) offers those in self-catered halls a lot of flexibility to make meals, buy them, or select a combination of the two
- Program is especially strong for STEM and English majors
IFSA scholarships are primarily need-based and factor in any additional cost your study abroad program might have over home school tuition. The awards are $500 for summer programs, $1,500 for semester programs and $2,500 for full year programs. These scholarships may apply to any IFSA program, with the exception of our custom programs.
Take the Next Step!
- Visit our website for more information about the University of York's program, including courses, housing arrangements, and co-curricular activities.
- Contact your Student Services Manager at 800-858-0229 or http://firstname.lastname@example.org
- Apply to an IFSA program now!
6201 Corporate Drive Suite 200
Indianapolis, IN 46278
|Dates / Deadlines:|