Programs > Brochure
The School for Field Studies (SFS) Cambodia - Elephants of the Cambodian Highlands (Summer I)
Siem Reap, Cambodia (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Program Sponsor:||The School for Field Studies (SFS)|
|Lang. of Instruction:||English||Minimum GPA:||2.6|
|Class Standing:||2-Sophomore, 3-Junior, 4-Senior||Housing:||Residence Hall|
|Program Type:||Off-Campus Study||Areas of Study:||Asian Studies, Biology, Culture, Ecology, Environmental Studies, International Studies, Sciences|
SFS CAMBODIA: ELEPHANTS OF THE CAMBODIAN HIGHLANDS (SUMMER I)
- Term: Summer Session I
- Credits: 4 semester-hour credits (8 credits if taken with Session II)
- Prerequisites: No course prerequisites: 18 years of age
- Application Deadline: Rolling admissions. Early applications encouraged
- Financial Aid: All accepted students can apply for need-based scholarships, grants, and loans
Spend your summer in the lush Keo Seima Wildlife Sanctuary, studying the behavior and ecology of the endangered Asian elephant. Examine human-wildlife conflict and conservation pressures, and discuss elephant welfare and management practices. Visit the vibrant city of Phnom Penh and the ancient temples of Angkor to explore the history and culture of Cambodia.
- Stay at the Elephant Valley Project in the forested Keo Seima Wildlife Sanctuary to observe Asian elephants from meters away as they forage, bathe, and interact with each other in a protected setting.
SUMMER COMBINEDTake back-to-back summer sessions and get the hands-on learning and skill-building experiences of an internship, while also going off the beaten path and exploring the world. Each summer session focuses on a different topic, and you’ll have time to travel independently between sessions. Receive a $1,000 discount on your second session.
Visit the SFS website
CONNECT WITH SFS
Call the Admissions Hotline at 800.989.4418
Read updates from the field on the SFS Blog
Follow SFS on Instagram and Facebook
Watch student videos on YouTube and Vimeo
|Dates / Deadlines:|