|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||Luther applicants only|
|Lang. of Instruction:||English, Spanish||Minimum GPA:||2.5|
|Class Standing:||2-Sophomore, 3-Junior, 4-Senior||Housing:||Apartments, Homestay, Residence Hall|
|Program Type:||Off-Campus Study||Areas of Study:||Communication Design, Communications, Fine Arts, Graphic Design, Humanities, Journalism, Mass Communications, Media Studies, Other Language & Literature, Photography, Sociology, Studio Art|
Whether you’re a beginning Spanish learner, or more advanced, you’re invited to the wonderful city of Seville to increase your knowledge of contemporary media culture and production. Students choose courses in English at CIEE’s partner school - EUSA School of Communications - from its three main degrees: Audiovisual Communication; Journalism; and Publicity and Public Relations. Spanish language learning is also available and encouraged to facilitate cultural immersion. All courses are complemented with CIEE co-curricular activities and excursions beyond the city to enhance classroom learning and provide intercultural understanding.
with images, words, video, and sound as you develop skills and flex your creative muscles.
PUT YOUR IDEAS
and talents together with other American and Spanish students to tackle a variety of media projects.
how digital tools and media – and easy access to them – could change the information market.
Excursions & Activities
- Join in flamenco lessons, take a bike tour, participate in language exchanges with Spanish university students, practice new sports in the Guadalquivir river, and more, with new local friends. New activities are offered all the time throughout the semester.
- Get an insider’s view of iconic places like Parque de María Luisa, Plaza de España, Catedral de Sevilla, Archivo de Indias, Hospital de los Venerables Sacerdotes, and many more amazing locations spread all around the city.
- Participate in excursions to other Spanish cities in the region of Andalucía. In the past, students have travelled to cities such as Córdoba, Cádiz, Malaga, Jerez, etc.
- Explore and step back centuries in time with a tour of Roman ruins in Italica or the medieval city of Carmona
- Step into the professional field and gain practical work experience through a for-credit internship in the areas of audiovisual communication and journalism.
- Develop a background on the history of printed press in Europe and methods by which media professionals continue to adapt to the challenges posed by the Internet through discussions with local journalists.
- Exercise your skills as a travel journalist, improve your capacity to create audiovisual scripts, perfect your photographic gaze and technique, write creatively or enhance your journalistic research abilities.
- Engage in active discussions with peers and professors about corporate communications, audiovisual cultural industries, digital communication and interculturality, or the role of media in fostering social change.
- Examine and capture your new community through video documentaries in a “Digital Video Reporting in Context” course (optional).
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- One-week orientation – an introduction to Spanish culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Cultural and/or Co-curricular Activities
- Excursions and/or Study Tours
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|