|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Dates & Deadlines:||Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||Luther applicants only|
The metropolis of Santiago is South America’s sixth-largest city, with a population of six million people. The city is ringed by the towering Andes mountains, always in view. In Santiago you will enjoy world-class cuisine, neoclassical architecture, exotic parks, and a bustling urban environment.
Experience Santiago your way by customizing your study abroad experience through our Open Campus program. Enroll in one, two, or three six-week blocks for your perfect amount of intensive study and cultural engagement, select your academic track from six options, then pick your courses from a wide range of subject areas.
GET TO KNOW CHILE
with nonstop activities, like film nights, urban bike tours.
LIVE WITH A CHILEAN FAMILY
learn the local dialect and customs and enjoy authentic Chilean food with your “cariñosa” host family.
TAKE YOUR PICK
from Santiago’s many world class museums such as, The Museo Chileno de Arte Precolombino and The Chilean National Museum of Fine Arts.
Projects, Volunteer Opportunities, or Internships
- Volunteer Opportunities: Give back and create a deeper connection to Santiago. Students can volunteer at local NGOs to support social policy, community service and education.
Students interested in one of the following Academic Projects must submit additional materials as part of their course selection:
- Internships: build new skills and intercultural competence through the CIEE Internship in your area of study – finance, women’s rights, environmental development, and more- and become an active member of Santiago’s professional environment.
- Research: Pursue a research project of your own design incorporating independent and local fieldwork.Internships. Build new skills and intercultural competence through the CIEE Academic Internship, and become an active member of the Santiago professional environment.
- Service-Learning: Combine course-based learning with practical, relevant project experience to meet a community-defined need.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport pick-up
- Multi-day on-site orientation – introducing students to Santiago's society and culture, and the CIEE academic program.
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Overnight study tours
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Fall||2022||01-MAR-2022 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.