|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||Luther applicants only|
|Lang. of Instruction:||English||Minimum GPA:||2.5|
|Class Standing:||2-Sophomore, 3-Junior, 4-Senior||Housing:||Residence Hall|
|Program Type:||Internship||Areas of Study:||Business, Communications, Economics, History, International Relations, Internships, Journalism, Management, Marketing, Political Science, Public Health|
CIEE Global Internship programs are built just for you! All of our locations offer a wide range of internship opportunities across a diverse set of industries. When you apply, we work directly with you to find an internship that suits your unique needs and professional goals. Learn more about our personalized placement process.
"The Mother City," as it's sometimes known, is a proudly diverse location that serves as a major commercial center in Africa. In Cape Town, opportunities abound in a variety of sectors, from microfinance to medicine and everything in between. Enjoy the breathtaking views, luxurious beaches, watersports and nightlife in this multilingual, multicultural, and student-friendly environment.
TAKE A CABLE CAR
to the top of Table Mountain, a flat topped mountain offering gorgeous views of the city and the South Atlantic Ocean.
SPEND YOUR SUMMER INTERNING
in a location recently named the most entrepreneurial city in South Africa.
FOLLOW THE LEAD OF LOCALS
and take advantage of Cape Town's lush outdoors: hike, mountain bike, surf and swim.
Excursions & Activities
- Visit the Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, built on top of the docks at the Port of Cape Town. It is the city's most visited tourist attraction, and a popular shopping venue.
- Walk the beautiful Kirstenboch National Botanical Gardens, a famous botanical garden nestled at the eastern foot of Table Mountain.
- Receive guidance on creating a resume targeted for local business culture and geared to your areas of interest.
- Develop professionally at a business workshop. Topics include: Making the Most of your Internship, Networking and Informational Interviewing, Understanding Working Styles and Leveraging your Internship for a Global Career.
- Take advantage of resume help and interviewing skills based on local business culture
- Explore the professional working world of Cape Town through organizational site visits, industry networking events, and guest lectures
- Participate in workshops that will help you make the most of your internship
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Orientation – an introduction to South African culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|