|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Restrictions:||Luther applicants only|
|Lang. of Instruction:||English||Minimum GPA:||2.5|
|Class Standing:||2-Sophomore, 3-Junior, 4-Senior||Housing:||Apartments|
|Program Type:||Off-Campus Study||Areas of Study:||Art History, Communications, History, Italian Language & Literature, Media Studies, Political Science|
Explore some of the world’s most breathtaking cultural destinations, like the Colosseum, the Vatican, Saint Peter’s Basilica, and the Spanish Steps. The Eternal City beckons those whose passion for food, art, cultural, and history is inexhaustible.
a vibrant metropolis whose ancient history and culture is visible on many (literally!) levels.
some of Italy’s most famous UNESCO World Heritage sites.
TOUR THE ANCIENT RUINS
of Pompeii or head to Tivoli see its beautiful Renaissance villas.
Excursions & Activities
- Gain a glimpse of what ancient life was like through the ruins of Ostia Antica or Pompeii.
- Wander the famous Renaissance villas of Tivoli, a small picturesque town outside of Rome.
- Get a taste of Italian small town life in Orvieto, with its Etruscan origins and its 14th century Cathedral overlooking the Umbrian countryside.
Make a difference in your host community through a number of wonderful opportunities.
- Provide English language tutoring to immigrants or children at community centers
Volunteer at local NGOs, homeless shelters, and more
- Excursion and projects are examples of past opportunities students have enjoyed. Not all are available every term.
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city
- Field trips and cultural activities
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|