|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Lang. of Instruction:||English, French||Minimum GPA:||2.5|
|Housing:||Homestay||Program Type:||Off-Campus Study|
|Areas of Study:||Art, Art History, Communications, Culture, European Studies, French, History, International Relations, Literature, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology, Urban Studies|
Bring your desire to learn French to Toulouse and immerse yourself in France’s art, history, cuisine, and music. Toulouse was voted one of the best cities in France to study abroad for its strong community vibe and small-town charm. Take classes in English at CIEE Toulouse and our partner school, Institut Catholique de Toulouse across a wide range of academic areas, or, if your French language skills are advanced, take courses in French. All courses are complemented with CIEE co-curricular activities and excursions beyond the city to enhance classroom learning and provide intercultural understanding.
SPEND THE DAY
at a cheese tasting, a music festival or take in a professional rugby game.
INTERN WITH A LOCAL COMPANY
and gain insight into French working environment in a non-profit organization or business.
STUDY AT L’INSTITUT CATHOLIQUE DE TOULOUSE
an heir of the Medieval University founded in 1229.
Excursions & Activities
- Visit the medieval city of Carcassonne, the city of Albi, go on a hike in the Pyrenees or visit an organic farm in the Ariège department.
- Partner with local French students who will show you Toulouse’s most popular sites.
- Enjoy the pleasant year-round climate of Toulouse, while you visit the city’s historical district, monuments, and immigrant neighborhood.
- Take in a show at the Toulouse Capitole theater.
- Make new friends during a game of petanque, similar to bocce.
Volunteering. Volunteer at a food bank, women’s shelter, primary or secondary school, or local independent movie theatre, tutor children after school, or work on an organic farm.
Internships. Intern at a local organization and gain insight into French working environment in a non-profit organizations or business.
- Some Meals (for those in Homestays)
- Advising before you depart to set goals and answer questions
- Optional on-site airport meet-and-greet
- Orientation – an introduction to French culture, your academic program, and the city, plus practical information about living in your host city
- Full-time program leadership and support in your host city.
- Cultural and/or Co-curricular Activities
- Excursions and/or Study Tours
- Insurance and other travel benefits, with CIEE iNext
- 24/7 emergency on-site support
1 out of 3 CIEE students receives a scholarship - get yours!
GAIN Travel Grants - up to $2,000 toward travel costs guaranteed to all Pell-elgible students.
Gilman Go Global Grants - $2,500/semester and $1,000/summer, guaranteed to all Gilman applications.
Merit-Based Scholarships - $2,500/semester and $750/summer, awarded to students deomonstrating high academic achievement.
Minority Serving Institutions (MIS) Grant - $2,000/semester and $500/summer, guaranteed to all students attending MSIs.
- 200+ study abroad programs in 40+ countries
- $8 million in scholarships offered each year
- 1 in 3 students receives a scholarship
- Study tours and cultural activities included
- Internships and volunteering opportunities
- Rigorous academics
- Cultural immersion
- iNext travel insurance included
Our highly experienced staff have extensive knowledge of all CIEE programs and services. If you are a student with questions about completing your application, or you want to sign up to receive program updates and news, our staff are happy to help.Contact Us
|Dates / Deadlines:|